Chapter 10 (Unedited)

Hermione's POV

It had been about a week and Draco still wasn't awake. Ginny had been bringing me books from the library every day, to keep me occupied.

I was nearly halfway through Common Magical Ailment and Afflictions when the door burst open and Ron walked in.

"Mione!" He ran over to me and kissed me

"Ron, what are you doing here," I said desperately, trying to keep him from asking where I had been for the past week

"Well, we've been looking for you ev- Hold on, why are you sitting on Malfoy's bed?"

"um-I-well..." I struggled to come up with a decent excuse, "I'm really sick, I was bored so I decided to see who else was here."

I could tell he wasn't convinced

"Please don't lie to me Hermione" He sighed

"I'm not lying" I protested

"You're sitting next to a pile of books, I'm pretty sure you're not going to be bored anytime soon."

When I didn't answer, and instead stared down at my feet, he tilted my chin up with his forefinger

"Hermione, what's going on?"

A tear rolled down my cheek, I wasn't ready to tell him, I wasn't ready to break up with him, so instead of talking, I cried. I cried because I couldn't be with him, I cried because I would never marry the man I'd hoped for, I cried because I had to spend the rest of my life with someone I didn't love...

Draco stirred behind me, the tears fell faster, the last thing I needed right now was for him to wake up.

"Hermione, are you alright?" I heard Draco ask

Ron stepped towards him, "Why do you care, ferret"

"Am I not aloud to care about my future wife, Weasel" he spat at Ron

"What the bloody hell are you on about"

"Oh, she hasn't broken up with you yet" he scoffed

I covered my ears with my hands, wishing that I was anywhere except here. neither of them noticed me, they were to busy fighting, trying to protect their huge ego's. I couldn't take their pathetic arguing anymore. "Stop it, both of you!"

They fell quiet and turned to face me

"Mione, this ferret keeps saying you're going to break up with me to be with him"

"You do have to, you can't put it off forever"

I sighed, I didn't want to but I knew he was right.

"Ron, get out"

He stared at me in shock "Hermione"

"No, get out!" I yelled

This time he didn't protest, he just left.

I heard Draco snicker behind me

"Don't think I'm on your side now, your the one who ruined my life"

"Look, Hermione I'm sorry. But do you think this isn't hard for me? I could have taken this to the extreme, I could have forced you, but I didn't because I really really like you."

"No!" I practically screamed in frustration "Don't act like you're the victim. Sure it's hard for you but none of these decisions hurt you!"

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. He stepped closer to me and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine. To my surprise, I felt the same fireworks that I felt with Ron. I wasn't sure Why I was kissing him back, I didn't want to be with him, he was supposed to be the villain in this story.

Using the last of my self-control I pulled away from him. I was at a loss for words, what was I supposed to do now?