Chapter 16

The next day Reece reached her locker and found yet another note in it. "I swear if its Tyler again..." She breathed out. "Hey its Jett! Meet me in the gym!" it read. "Wait now?" She thought to herself. She shrugged and in a fast pace down the hall towards the gym. She opened the big doors and there he was. Jett held a poster, smiling proudly, his friends applauding him from behind. "Will you go to prom with me?" He read with the poster.

Yes, prom was coming up in the next few weeks. It was one of the most exciting parts of high school for the students. Reece pictured herself in a dress but also in her boots, dancing around with Jett slowly.Back to reality she smiled to herself and then at Jett. "Yeah, yes." She said as smoothly as possible. "Yeah?" Jett asked stunned. His plan was working perfectly. He hugged her and she pushed her lips onto his quickly. Jett was hesitant to kiss back but he did. He couldn't fight the feeling in his stomach. All the butterflies torturing him and his heart metaphorically skipping a beat everytime Reece touched him. This wasn't right. This wasn't how this was supposed to go.

Jett pulled away first and looked at Reece confused. "What?" Reece smiled. Jett shook his head. "N-nothing I- I need to go!" He said quickly running past her. "I'll see you later!" He yelled. On his way out he grabbed ahold of Blake's arm and dragged him out in the hallway. "Dude! She's so happy! She freaking kissed you man! You need to call off the bet now! You're gonna seriously hurt her!" Blake yelled. "No! You started the bet and I'm gonna do this!" Jett yelled back. "If you dont call it off then I will!" Blake said. "No! Let me do this man...I need this..." He breathed. "No you don't man...no you don't." Blake said shaking his head and leaving Jett in deep thought.

Jett sat in class dozing off. "I'm almost done with this dang bet...I just need to take her on that date!" He yelled at himself quietly. "Jett pay attention!" The teacher called out angrily. Jett rolled his eyes and dozed off once again. "Maybe I do like her....I know I'm being a jerk....but I dont know when to quick...." He thought to himself. "Her and her dang leather jacket, and her stupid boots, and stupid hair, stupid eyes, stupid stupid stupid!" His mind couldn't handle all the things that were being thrown at him about Reece. Jett breathed. "I've got this..." He told himself.