Chapter 6

Tyler's P.O.V

For the second morning in a row I woke up with a warm body tucked against mine. Sometime during the night Troye and I had shifted to lay on our sides while our bodies remained connected. My arms were wrapped around him tightly and his legs were wrapped around one of mine. His head was tucked under my chin and I could feel his even breaths against my skin. I pulled him closer to my chest and buried my face in his soft brown hair, smiling at how perfectly he fit against me. My little Aussie was like a koala, how fitting.

Looking up at the clock I saw that it was only 7:30AM and figured that I was allowed another lay in, cherishing every moment I have with my best friend. (Even if wasn't awake for all of them.)

I could feel the brisk air around the bed caused by the air conditioning which prompted me to pull the covers further over Troye and me. While the Californian weather was thankfully never too cold, Korey had a habit of turning the air conditioning up before he went to bed each night. The boy slept in a mountain of pillows and blankets each night and in the hot Californian summers he would melt in his sleep. Of course there was the option of sleeping with less blankets, or let's say one like most people, but Korey refused to. Though this morning I was thankful for the strange habit of his that allowed me to cuddle closer to Troye.

I could feel every inch of where his body was pressed against mine, his slim figure radiating warmth. I could feel the bare skin of his calves from where his sweats had rolled up against my own feet and legs. I ran my foot along the warm skin, effectively warming up my cold feet while one of my hands went to play with his hair. One of his arms was curled in-between us, his hand gripping onto a bunch of my shirt while his other arm was wrapped around my waist. I could feel where his fingers had slipped under the back of my shirt, his long fingers and palm holding me close to him. I could feel his heart beating against mine, the beats almost in-sync as we lay there peacefully.

Again I was plagued of the thoughts that this was intimate, way too intimate for two best friends but I couldn't bring myself to pull away. His body was warming me down to the very core of my soul, allowing me to lay in a blissful half sleep. The thoughts of if this was appropriate or not were quickly pushed away with reassurance that it just felt right. If having your best friend curled up in your arms was supposed to feel wrong, I didn't want to feel right.

Granted, I was thankful that I did not wake up with an erection. Even I would have a (quite literal) hard time convincing myself that was okay.

I drift in and out of sleep between random early morning thoughts, nothing that important to keep me up. I think about how well the convention went last weekend and how I have a shoot to go to tomorrow. Today I had to just film a Q&Slay, edit, and upload it, hopefully freeing up the rest of my day to spend with Troye. Of course there was a chance that he would have to go in to do some writing today, but I hoped that it wouldn't be the entire day.

It was as my thoughts drifted to Troye that I found myself more awake and unable to fall back asleep. It was still bugging me how upset I had gotten at Troye over hanging out with Connor yesterday. Thinking back to dinner I remembered how desperately he seemed to want to at least make eye contact, obviously trying to figure out what he had done wrong. My resolve had melted away when I saw him picking at his food on the plate, my anger toward him being replaced with only anger at myself. There I was sulking about not having enough time to spend with him, and in return I was not only ignoring him but upsetting him as well. None of it made any sense to me. Of course I knew that I was probably just over thinking everything. I promised myself that I would figure it out later, possibly ask Korey to knock some sense into me, but even then I couldn't bring myself to break the awkward air that had seemed to overtake us then. I was lucky that Troye seem was just as bothered by my silence, thankfully showing up to my room and helping our friendship back to normal in a matter of minutes.