Prolouge

(Keys: (y/n) - "Your name", (h/t) - "Home town")

Detroit, Michigan

December 19th 2035

Anderson Residence

"Got the last of the boxes?" Asked Hank, watching you carry the last of the boxes from the moving van, into his small suburban home. "Yep, got it locked and loaded." You confirmed proudly. Hank stood still for a moment. "(Y/n), are you sure you want to do this? I mean you didn't need to move all the way up here just to keep me company." He asked, unsure of the sudden move that you made from (H/t) to Detroit, Michigan.

When you found about your cousin Cole passing away 2 months ago, you immediately made plans to go live with your uncle. There was no way you were going to let him live on his own after that ordeal. "Of course I'm sure. I don't want you to have to live here all alone. Besides you're more of a father to me than my actual father was. I care about you and want you to be alright." You assured Hank. "Plus, my old job wasn't working out for me anyway. The police department in (H/t) never really treated me well. I'd rather work with you at the DPD." Your uncle nodded understandingly. He'll at least be happy to have his niece working with him.

"Fine, but you know I'm gonna be obnoxiously protective over you during cases, right?" He joked, earning him a chuckle out of you. "Hank, I'll be fine. I'm in my twenties now, I'm old enough to handle these kinds of situations." You whined. "See, you may be an adult, but you're acting like a teenager." Hank teased. "Shut up!" You giggled, playfully shoving him, Hank laughing at your stubbornness. "Seriously,  you'll be a great edition to the DPD." You gave Hank a smile before hugging him. "Thanks, Hank." "Sure thing, kiddo."

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the short prologue. You can call this a preview to the story. If I take forever to publish another chapter, I apologize in advance. I try not to publish a story like this unfinished, unless it's a one-shot story or something, but since I really wanted people to like this, I thought why not just start it off with the prologue being published as a preview. Hope you all understand that I have other works that I'll be writing while I'm doing this. I'm more passionate about my "Finding Marlin" story that I'm currently working on. It's not gonna be published until it's COMPLETELY done, so I apologize for not being able to link you to it. With that said, I really hope you like this. It's my first time writing something relating to "Detroit: Become Human". Hopefully I can get the first real chapter out as soon as I can. Thanks for reading!

~ Rxin3Stormpaws