Chapter 1

3 Years Later

November 5th, 2038

As you as Hank headed home from work, he asked if you wanted to stop by Jimmy's Bar on the way. You refused (mostly due to you personally not drinking) and offered to drop him off while you waited in the car. You didn't mind, it was soothing to hear the rain from outside. It helps you think, and allows your mind to wander.

These past few years you've been to Michigan have been the best of your police career. You have been ranked as one of the best of the DPD's investigators. You have also been able to work well with Hank being your partner, despite him being pretty protective of you. It kind of worried you because it made you think of Cole. Hank probably wants to protect you so that you don't meet the same fate his son did. This made you sympathize with his boundaries sometimes. Though this also explains why he's been going to bars more frequently than usual.

Your thinking was suddenly halted by Hank exiting the bar with an RK800 android. It seemed to have the physical qualities of a he. He had brown hair with one strand that was perfectly misaligned with the rest, and rich chocolate brown eyes. He also wore an android suit with a black tie to compliment it. Somehow, he put you back into a trance before Hank opened the door, making you jump.

"Jesus, Hank! Don't scare me like that!" You complained, turning towards your uncle. "Sorry, kiddo, but we got another case assigned to us." "What? But we just got out of work." You complained. "It's urgent that the best ranked investigators went to check this scene out. We were assigned a homicide case involving a deviant android attacking it's owner." The android informed. God his voice was adorable. Wait what?

"Oh yeah, (Y/n), this is Connor. Connor, my niece, (Y/n)." Hank introduced you to each other nonchalantly, whilst starting the car. "Hi." You awkwardly greeted. "Hello, (Y/n). I've heard about you from your uncle." "Hm, seems like he likes to show me off, huh?" Hank chuckled, still focusing on the road. "So, I don't mean to be rude, but how come we're working with an android?" "He-" Connor cut Hank off. "I was sent out by Cyberlife to help figure out why so many androids have recently turned deviant." "Yep, only let him come along because he bought me a drink for the road." Said Hank, not turning from the window. "Hank, come on. You could've at least been a little more kind to him." "It's not like it can feel anything, so what would even be the point?" Hank argued.

"There's no reason why we have to work with a piece of plastic! How come those fuckers don't just trust us with solving this case? We're the best ranked investigators, goddamnit!" Hank continued to rant while you looked over to Connor and gave him an apologetic look. He seemed to notice and gave you an understanding nod. While Hank could be more skeptical of androids, you honestly didn't mind them. You were confused with how they're suddenly turning deviant, but you still think they could be beneficial to society, if handled correctly. Overall, you were sorta glad to have Connor working with you. He seemed really friendly.

A/N: REEEE first chapter! Hope it wasn't too cringy :,3