PART- XXI

Hi dears, I am travelling tomorrow... Hence I will be updating one part of this and one part of 'Beyond Desire' today... No other updates until later next week... Sorry....

Back at GI:

Shashi Gupta's brother Shashank Gupta had joined GI again as he was allotted to work on a few projects by Shashi Gupta. It was midweek, and the workload was huge, prompting many to eagerly wait for the weekend.

They needed a preliminary plan on one of his projects and hence a conference was scheduled with Shashi, Shashank, a few key employees from sales, marketing and fashion. Samar Kaushal, the marketing head led the meeting. 

As the discussion progressed, Samar suggested that he would require in-puts from everyone. While most of the members assembled around the conference table, expressed their opinions, Arnav talked about the trends and conveyed a few ideas for strategic marketing.

The committee members were surprised with the sudden interference of Shashank's loud voice.

Shashank spoke in an accusing tone, "ASR, I think you should only talk about fashion as that is your department. You should not be talking about marketing"

Even though Arnav was offended with the comment, he retorted cooly, "I know that I belong to fashion designing. I was just expressing my views, just like everyone else here, on strategies. I don't think that is harmful"

Shashank spoke with malice. He had noticed how everyone at work looked at Arnav with respect and took his suggestions seriously. He was extremely jealous and insecure of Arnav's competence.

"Just because you are my brother's son-in-law does not mean we will accept any of the ideas that you throw out here. It doesn't give you any right to decide either"

Now, everybody was stunned at this accusation. 

Arnav was infuriated. This was exactly what Arnav had detested before he got married to Khushi. He never wanted to be looked at as the CEO's son-in-law.

Arnav controlled his anger as he said, "My personal life and relationships have nothing to do in this official setting. I strive hard for the betterment of this company like everyone else here.