"someone who had to learn to be that way"

Camila didn't want her to leave.

Once the Hamiltons had said goodbye, politely addressing each person with a small smile and a wave, Lauren had followed without a word. 

Camila had to be held back by Dinah to resist the urge to chase her. She just felt this huge need to be with the girl, like she was floating blindly underwater looking for her when Lauren wasn't around.

Shawn had left with a huff, only to be followed with a confused Noah and Cole who were completely out of the loop when it came to the young wolf's frustrations. Ally sighed, feeling sympathetic for both of them, yet unable to truly provide assurance to one without hurting the other. It was a puzzle, the whole situation, but Ally knew they would be okay. Because he was Shawn and she was Camila; even if they weren't together together, they would always be there for each other.

-------------------------------

Jade could see what was happening, and she worried about a rift between the pack that could be forming. She met Zane in the kitchen the next day, wondering if he shared her concerns.

"You did see it, didn't you?" she asked, sitting up on the counter as Zane made himself breakfast in the form of jam on toast. "And also, why do you still eat human food? It's disgusting." she grimaced.

"If you're talking about Shawn, yes I did see it... And I like to keep my human traditions, disgusting or not." Zane replied, leaning back against the counter, taking an exaggerated bite of his toast.

"You mean your human traditions from when? The 1300's?" 

"Irrelevant." Zane smirked. "But back to the Shawn business, what are you thinking?"

"I feel bad for the lad, he's so hung up on her, but you see it don't you?"

"The lone wolf... The one with the green eyes. Unnatural, if I might add." Zane thought out loud. "Yes, I see it. Undeniable, of course. Camila is already infatuated, as is normal; but what's not normal is the other's reluctance to it..."

"You heard what the witches said... What could have been so bad to have her this guarded? I mean, the attraction that comes with fate, to have a soulmate, it's such a strong force, so powerful. I would think it orchestrated by the moon goddess herself, not?"

"Yes, directly in fact. Selene, in Roman mythology anyway. I would say Luna, in Greek."

"So how strong must one be to fight such a powerful force? Who is this girl?" Jade asked cautiously.

"Someone too strong, 

someone that has something to prove, 

someone with a massive sense of resistance and... 

someone who had to learn to be that way." Zane pondered, sighing worriedly.

"Should I be worried?" Jade jumped off the counter and placed herself beside Zane, leaning against his side.

"Those witches, the Hamiltons... what do you think of them?" Zane asked instead, looking down at the brunette with an eyebrow raised. Jade took a second to think about it, caught off guard by the question.

"They... seem genuine. I didn't sense any danger coming off of them, anyway. No heartbeats changing... except for the lone wolf anyway."

"Oh, did you hear that?" Zane smiled teasingly. "Camila was losing her mind too, but... poor girl. Lauren really lost her shit when she saw the book case."

"Oh, yes. That was funny, huh?" Jade giggled. "I felt so bad for them all, it was like a cycle. Shawn pining for Camila, Camila pining for Lauren, and Lauren..." Jade burst out in a fit of giggles, Zane smiling fondly next to her.