Prologue

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." 

~

Avni couldn't believe what she was hearing, betrothed? What the hell. Were her parents on crack?

"Amma, Are you serious? Why Nivin of all people? URGH"

"He's a nice boy, Avni. You know that don't you?"

"Yeah sure, the last time I saw him was when we were 13, he was irritating back then."

"That was a long time ago, dear. Things have changed now. He even looks like a model now."

"Amma" Avni groaned.

She didn't want to get married to Nivin, She was happy with her single life, filled with cute animals. She had only dated once before and was thankfully out of that disastrous relationship.

"You have to meet his family in two hours, stop sulking and get ready."

Avni reluctantly got off her bed and started to get ready for this dumb Pelichoopulu.

After an hour, she was finally ready. Sarees made her look taller for some reason, yet she wore her favourite black wedges. She mentally cursed her parents for making some stupid promise with Nivin's parents when they were in college. Who does that?

When she finally arrived at their house, she was surprised. She knew Nivin's family was well off, but this bungalow was amazing. The interior designing was freaking excellent.  

Nivin's parents greeted her family, but she couldn't see Nivin. She didn't know how he looked like either. 

"Hello dear future sister-in-law" 

Avni turned to see a young and a very familiar man staring back at her grinning. 

"Vivaan? Oh my god, it has been so long since we met. How are you?" She was really happy to see Vivaan. Whenever their families hung out together, she and Vivaan were always really close. Being the same age, they were practically inseparable when they were young. After Nivin's family moved to London, they hadn't hung out since then.

"I have missed you way too much Avni" He hugged her.

They heard someone clear their throat, making them pull out of their embrace. 

Avni was shocked

'Please don't tell me that is Nivin' Avni mentally groaned.

 Oh my god, this was the same guy she accidentally knocked coffee all over ruining his shirt. Well, she didn't mean to run into him.

"You Again?" His voice was exactly as she remembered from the other day. He shouted at her in front of the whole god damn shop, she was so embarrassed that day.

Crap, she was so screwed.

~

A/N:

Pelichoopulu- The telugu word for matchmaking.

An update coming righttt up in a few hours.

VOTE & COMMENT!