2. Blankets and Selfies

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.

The D day had arrived. This was it. Avni was getting married today. Her whole life she's dreamt of her marriage, she was really hoping she doesn't mess it up. 

'Please God, for one day, let things go well in my life.' She prayed once more and started getting dressed for the wedding. 

There was a makeup artist who did all the makeup for her and also helped her drape her saree. 

She felt beautiful, her hair was neatly braided into a french plait, she was wearing a lot of jewelry, it felt heavy. Her silk saree was maroon and white with gold patterns, her blouse had a lot of heavy designs on it. She slowly walked towards the spot meant for her, there was a white silk cloth covering between her and Nivin. She was so nervous and she really wanted to know how Nivin looked, in his silk dhoti and shirt. 

Most of the ceremony felt like a blur, she was so lost thinking about how her life was going to change now.

She shivered slightly when Nivin's fingertips brushed her neck while he was tying the knot. After he tied the third knot, he whispered, "You're mine now."

Avni could feel goosebumps rise all over her body, and her cheeks grew hot. Her eyes were already brimming with tears, she couldn't believe it. This was it. Holy crap, she's now married.

She blushed and looked away from his eyes, he looked really handsome today. 

After all the games that the groom and the bride were supposed to play, in which Nivin won everything, they were supposed to have their first dinner together. Nivin was supposed to feed her some food item from his banana leaf, and she had to do the same for him as well.

When Nivin fed her a sweet from his banana leaf, her heart felt like it was going to explode. Nivin did not look happy though, he looked tired. Avni was really tired too, she just wanted to go crash on her bed, then she remembered that was not her bed anymore now. She teared up again, she did not want to go away from her parents. 

The next few days went by in visiting famous temples, and now they were finally back to Hyderabad, except this time she would be staying in a different house.

Her aunts and cousins were teasing her about tonight, it was the so-called first night, do people actually have sex that night? It seemed way too weird. 

She wasn't excited though, she was pretty sure they would not even touch each other or even talk to each other for that matter.

Somehow, her instincts were right, Nivin was already on the bed, typing away furiously on his laptop, he didn't even glance at her when she entered the bedroom. She sighed, Of course, what else did I expect anyway? She thought to herself.

She quickly went into the bathroom and changed out of her saree, took off all the jewelry and wore her sweatpants and a T-shirt. She folded her saree and packed it in her bag, and made sure all the jewelry was back in the bag as well.

 Nivin was sitting at the centre of the bed, it would be too awkward if she asked him to move, he seemed really busy anyway. Avni moved towards the shelf and took a pillow and a bedsheet out. She laid the bed sheet on the floor and placed the pillow on it. She was almost asleep when she heard Nivin switch on the A.C. 

Damn it, she didn't have her blanket and there weren't any extra blankets in the shelf. 

She got off the floor and found Nivin still working. 

"Can I have a blanket? Please?" She asked him softly. He turned to look at her and glared at her, "Of course not, now stop disturbing me."

Avni frowned, "Jeez, no one asked you to be such an ass about it." she muttered softly and went back to sleeping on the floor. She was so tired already before she knew it she was fast asleep. She felt like something warm was draped over her after a while, she just snuggled into it.

Avni woke up when she heard someone knock on their door. There was a blanket on her, how did it get here? Did she pull it off Nivin? She thought she was only dreaming.  She was embarrassed, what did he think of her now? His blanket stealer?

She opened the door to only face her mother-in-law.

"Hi auntie, is everything okay?" Avni smiled at her.

"Did you two sleep well last night?" Her mother-in-law asked her smiling.

She didn't want to upset her, so she lied, " Yes, Auntie, we slept fine, the bed was really soft."

"Of course dear, and wake him up in a while, you two have to move into your apartment by 10:30 A.M" She said with a kind smile.

"Oh, Of course, Auntie."

"Great, I'm sorry for disturbing you so early in the morning."

"No No it's okay, Auntie" Avni smiled at her again and then shut the door after her mother-in-law left to do her daily chores.

Nivin had sprawled out on the bed, he was still fast asleep. He looked really cute when he was asleep. She moved her hand to brush his hair with her finger, she had been dying to do that since she saw him, it did look soft. She ruffled his hair slightly and smiled, he really slept like a baby. She could have sworn she saw a tiny smile creep onto his face. 

He was mumbling something in his sleep, she couldn't really understand what he said. She chuckled looking at him. She took her phone out and tried to sneakily take a pic of him. Her bad luck, he opened his eyes at the exact moment.

"What are you doing?" He asked her frowning at her phone.

Shit. 

"I was j-just taking a selfie" She stuttered and tried to look as calm as possible.

"Oh" Nivin just turned to the other side and continued to sleep.

She sighed in relief. Crap, she was almost caught but it felt like it was worth it anyways. She did manage to click one photo of him. She smiled looking at it. Awww. 

"Nivin" She called out his name for the eighth time, yet he didn't even budge slightly. 

She patted his shoulder and tried to shake him, to wake him up. 

Nivin suddenly turned and sat up which caused their heads to knock against each others.

"OUCH." 

Nivin glared at her while rubbing his forehead.

"I'm so so sorry Nivin." She quickly apologised and rubbed her own forehead.

"Whatever, get off the bed and out of my way."

"Wait." She said making Nivin pause his actions.

"What is it now? You want Zandu Balm is it, it's in that drawer."

"No it's not that, I've heard this somewhere before, if you knock once you get horns, you have to knock my head with yours once more, so they would go away."

"Are you serious? Did you hit your head hard now? You seem to have lost it, oh wait you were always slightly on the looney side." Nivin said, he looked amused.

"Excuse me?" Avni gasped.

"Excuse me?" he mocked her.

Avni glared at him.

"You a-" She was cut off when he knocked his head against hers again.

Oh my God, that hurt like hell. 

"Happy now? No more horns, I can see angel wings sprouting from your back." He muttered and got off the bed.

Avni took a minute to wrap her head around what just happened.

~

A/N:

Avni is such a cutie haha

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!! thanks!

also y'all can imagine Avni and Nivin as anyone you want