From Good To Bad News In A Flash

"Yes, indeed. We'll be right over. Thank you," said Mother as she hung up the phone with tears welling up in her eyes.

We stared.

"S-she's gone.Charmant is gone." was all she said before she burst into tears.

I couldn't believe my ears. Charmant's gone?! No...NO! This couldn't be happening. It's christmas, it's my birthday. I couldn't control myself. I ran to the backyard, fell onto my knees and looked at the sky.

"Why? S-she didn't do anything...Why'd you take her?" I cried, digging my nails into the ground.

I had to see her. I just had to see her one last time, even if it meant seeing her dead.

Mother and I left to the hospital, leaving everyone else at home. Most of them were sobbing, the others just sat there like it was the end of the world.

As we approached the hospital, I could feel my heart getting heavier and heavier. My breathing rate increasing, becoming higher and higher. I was panicking. I wasn't prepared for this. I thought I was, but I wasn't.

We entered the hospital ward Charmant was in. Looking at her body I thought. How could have the pilot been so careless? Didn't he check the engine and all that stuff? I couldn't blame him, it was an accident after all. But it lost the most precious life on Earth. Seeing mother cry made me cry. I leaned my head on her shoulder, looking at Charmant's dead body.

I brushed my fingers though her red hair, "I got to see you one last time before you left again, for good this time. I love you," I said to her corpse though I knew she couldn't hear me.

Right then, I felt like the world had collapsed on me as i faced reality, realising what I had just said. She's gone, for good.