A Heart Breaking Chistmas

I never loved my birthday as much as other children; it falls on the same day as Christmas. This means I only get presents annually but this year, was by far the worst 'present' yet. My little surprise turned out to be a disaster. It was a day everyone in my family, including myself, will never forget.

I awoke to the annoying ringing of my alarm clock. Groaning, I flung my blanket onto the ground. Right then, I remembered something. It's my birthday which also means it's Christmas! Suddenly, I wasn't as tired as I was before, I did my morning necessities and hurried to the kitchen where my mother would normally be.

"Good morning! Happy thirteenth birthday, Callista! I'm cooking your favourite food for our lunch birthday party and for dinner, I've baked a chocolate cake for you. Your biggest surprise will be later in the evening, I'm sure that you'll love it!" exclaimed my mother as she wrapped me in her warm arms. A wide smile formed as I thought of all the delicious food that awaited me.

The day passed by quickly, very quickly. My lunch birthday party was amazing. My friends came over, we had some fun and soon after, they had to leave. As soon as they left, my mother cleaned up the whole place, set up the table for dinner and decorated the house in ways I could not describe. It was beautiful.