Justin Lombardi

Chapter 3; Justin Lombardi

Chelsea

"So your outlines are due by next class and you have to hand them in on blackboard before 11:59 the night before," My professor announced and everyone jolted up from there seats.

I quickly cleaned off my desk dumping everything in bag and throwing it on my shoulder. I sighed in relief thanking god I finished my last class. However I had an hour till I had to work again. I walked out of the isle of desks, ignoring all the people having conversations around me. I pushed my way out of the room and into the hallway of students. I clenched jacket around me ignoring all the boys staring at me. I pushed the glass doors open to the fresh fall air and the busy streets of New York. I quickly walked a few miles to Curbs and pushed through the doors. The place was packed and I silently thanked god. I needed this money and I needed it soon. I looked at the clock hanging above the bar type thing and it read 5:15 . I sighed in relief sitting down on a stool and taking all my books that I had homework in along with my old laptop.

"Here you go chels." Max said making me jump slightly.

"Thank you Max your the best." I smiled as he set down a grilled chicken salad with a lemon water in front of me

"I know." He smirked leaning in front of me

I dug in instantly and moaning at the amazing taste. This being the first thing I'm eating all day it really hit the spot. Max was the assistant cook here and he was such a sweetheart toward me. He always made sure I had food to eat and that I was doing ok. He was a goofier looking kid as he was tall and lanky. He always had his hands stuffed in his stripped pant pockets with a lopsided grin. His dark hair was long and framed his face. He was so kind but he wasn't my type like that. Not that it was ever brought up in the first place.

"So tell me about your day." He said and I chuckled rolling my eyes.

"You ask me this everyday and it never changes." I looked up at him and he shrugged laughing.

I looked down at my books and opened to my class notes before going on my laptop so see the assigned homework assignment.

"You work to hard babe." Max said before taking my fork out of my hand and stabbing my salad

"Max." I hit him and he smiled widely with a mouth full of food making me grimace.

"Damn I am a good cook." He said before turning around and walking back into the kitchen. I shook my head and focused back on my work as I ate my dinner.

"Chelsea!" My boss yelled making my pencil fall out of my hand in fright. I turned my chair around to see his beer belly and puffy mustache on full display.

"Yes?" I whispered lowly.

"Someone is asking for you." He said annoyed losing his tie that clearly didn't fit around his neck.

I turned to the clock and it read 5:39. I was still off shift.

"But Im -umm still off." I tried rushing off not wanting him to get angry

"And I'm aware he just wants to talk." He said looking me up and down making my feel uncomfortable. "Take off that jacket it's against dress code." He smiled and I swallowed

"Sorry." I apologized and he stood there watching.

I lowered my head as I unzipped my sweatshirt and ripped it off my body. I looked up and he licked his lips. His spit wetting his mustache making me shiver in disgust. My heart started beating rapidly and I wanted to dig myself in a hole.

"Very well than. Make it quick you have to be on the floor in 20 minutes." He said fixing his pants and walking quickly walking away

I sighed in relief and quickly packed all my books away. I was so enhanced in my homework that I didn't even realize the time. I drank one last sip of my drink before jumping off my seat and walking to the front of the restaurant very confused on who wanted to see me. At first I thought it was Jazzy but he said he. I don't know any guys. Only Vinny and why would he want to visit me?