the awakening

ouch.

that's all i could feel and think and...

ouch. my head hurts.

"you're awake...how 'bout that." a friendly-sounding voice spoke.

i moved my head to look at the person and saw a nice old man sitting in a chair next to the bed i was lying in. i started to sit up, my vision all blurry.

"woahh, easy there, easy. you been out cold a couple o' days now. why don't you just relax a second, get your bearings. let's see what the damage is. how 'bout your name-- can you tell me your name?"

"(y/n)." my voice was raspier than i remembered. what did i remember? i don't remember anything...

"heh, can't say it's what i'da picked for ya but if that's your name, that's your name." the old man spoke up again. "i'm doc mitchell, welcome to goodspings. now, i hope you don't mind but i had to go rootin' around there in your noggin to pull all the bits of lead out. i take pride in my needlework but you'd better tell me if i left anything out of place." he handed me a mirror. "how'd i do?"

i looked into the smudged glass and somehow the old geezer managed to give me a whole ass sex change what the fuck. after a while of tinkering with my facial features, i got myself back in order.

"well, i got most of it right anyway. stuff that mattered. okay. no sense keepin you in bed anymore. lets see if we can get you on your feet." he helped me stand up and my vision went blurry again. "good. why don't you walk over to the end of the room; over by that vigor tester machine there? take it slow now, it ain't a race."

we walked over to the vigor tester and some lights and dings went off. turns out, i was very lucky, but i guess that's not that much of a surprise.

"with luck like yours, i'm surprised them bullets didn't just turn right around and climb back into the gun!" doc mitchell commented with a smile.

he then asked me a few questions, to check if i was still together and sane. he handed me some clothes and a nice shiny (well, kinda) pip-boy.

"i hope you don't mind, but i had a look through those papers of yours. thought i might find something on your next of kin." the doc said.

i didn't really care that he looked through my things, he did save my life after all. "thanks for patching me up, doc." and then i left. he mentioned a robot named victor was the one who dug me out of my grave. i suppose i should explain.

so, i'm a courier. i was delivering some sort of platinum poker chip to some guy in vegas. i guess someone else really wanted that chip and he kinda shot me in the head. victor, the robot, dug me up and brought me to the doctor in a little town called goodsprings. and here we are. in goodsprings. ... fun.

"well, howdy there, partner. might i say, you are lookin' fit as a fiddle!" victor said. he had a little tv on his--stomach? torso?--mid-victor-area. the tv had a picture of a nice-looking cowboy on it.

i smiled. i like this guy.

goodsprings was, well, good. the people were nice, a girl named sunny taught me how to shoot a gun (even though i was just going to punch everything with a pair of old boxing gloves i found, i appreciated the thought), there were these two-headed cows and was too scared to pet them so i just sorta stared in awe, i chased some huge geckos with sunny, some shady dude in an old gas station played card games with me...

it was nice...

it was peaceful...

peace.

i love that word.

in a world of violence, fear, betrayal, glutton, and hate...

peace is...

peace is nice.

i set off to look for the guy who shot me. according to the nice lady who ran the saloon, he wore a checked suit. discarding the fact that he nearly killed me, he seemed like a nice guy? (deep, deep, de e p down...but still)

do you think he'd be surprised to see me? i would. what if he tries to kill me again? he...he probably won't. i mean, at that point, what can you do? i'll just come back again and find him again and probably get killed again.

i suppose the most logical thing to do is to get my revenge and kill him, but... i really don't want to? i know, i know, its stupid but like what if he's cute? ;) i'm not saying i'm thinking about fucking the guy who shot me, but that's exactly what i'm thinking.

its probably some weird kink, 

but we'll see.

just... please, world. i really don't was to reciprocate the pain this guy put me through. don't make me kill him. its not fair..

unless he's a total asshole. i'll gladly punch him in the face if he doesn't respect women. speaking of women, where are all the babes? maybe i should try vegas? i know that there's strip clubs there...

hm.

we will see.