Chapter 3 - Foolish People

Song of the chapter: Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish
"I don't relate to you, I don't relate to you, no.
Cause I'd never treat me this shitty, you made me hate this city."

(Riven's point of view)

I can't remove my eyes from staring at the door of my business class.

Out of all the classrooms he could've pointed to, why did it have to be this one?

Standing alone outside of the classroom was that blonde girl, scanning through her phone and waiting for someone it seemed. I'm not allowed to go up to her because she was out of the classroom way before me, so I just have to wait for the next girl to come out.

Let's hope that the next girl that walks out isn't my Professor or my life and schooling would be over if it was.

With my bad luck though, you never know...

Why do I always seem to get stuck in stupid situations like this where I'm forced to prove myself? If I don't step up and do this, my brother and his friends number one priority will be to make my life a living hell, more then they already do. Probably featuring me getting beaten up and publicly humiliated constantly, plus and how could I forget, the annoying teasing they would enjoy doing daily.

I think the truly sad thing about all of this is the fact that my brother wasn't always been like this. A long time ago I probably would've even said he was my best friend. A lot has changed throughout the recent years though and my dad is a massive factor on how much he has changed. Dad practically molded him into the man he is today, the perfect, smart and handsome son, who is a successful lacrosse player.

Everything I'm supposed to be, but pretty much not.

I think the way my dad treated him when making him become this person, is the reason why he is such an asshole nowadays. He'll pretend to be an angel in front of my parents but naturally when they aren't around, he can act like the devil. Cruel and unfair, might I even say unloving. And that's all due to the role model he has been forced to follow... my father.

"Come on Jack seriously? Do we need to do this?", I turn and face him, dreading this situation escalating.

"Yes. It will be quite amusing to see you get rejected by another girl", he happily replied and his friends laughed at his comment.

"Oh screw you."

I sigh and roll my eyes, turning back around and seeing the door of my business classroom open.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Out walks the girl I have feared looking towards for majority of last session. Not one emotion is clear on her face, her loose long hair is dangling over her shoulders and her hands hold a few books and a bottle.

She is completely oblivious to what I'm about to try on her and... I truly feel horrible.

I don't want to put her on the spot and risk embarrassing her. I don't think she deserves that, no matter how rude she was to me when we first talked.

"Well seems like you've got yourself a girl brother, now's your chance", he chuckles and so do his friends again.

Ha-ha this is just so funny...

"Riv- you don't have to do this if you don't want to, don't let them bully you into stupid shit like this", Trey intervenes but ultimately I know what I have to do.

They won't stop unless I do this.

"I don't want to continue to get pushed around by them either, I'll just get this over and done with and hope that they'll back off after", I say to Trey like I'm trying to convince myself, but deep down I know my brother will probably double cross me.