Chapter Three: Fall

“OH MY GOSH! PUT ME DOWN! Put me down now please PUT ME DOWN!”

        I was totally going crazy during that time. I acted even worse than a kid that experiences paranoia. I was holding on very tight to Azillous’ neck I could already imagine him choking in my head but no matter what, I just did not loosen my grip on him. Instead, I buried my face deep on his shoulder as all the muscles in my body shook in fear. To be honest , It wasn't the height of where were at that scared me, it was actually the thought of falling. And so the whole time that we were up there, I just kept my eyes shut and just made sure that our bodies are still touching only so I’d at least know that we are still together and that I’m still, somehow, safe.

                “Is that really what you want? Don’t you want to take a look at this first? It’s so beautiful up here. Come on, just take a peek and don’t be scared, I won’t let go of you... that's a promise.”

        I don’t know what’s with the words he said, it was really not that special and honestly, just plain normal words, yet somehow, it was able to convince to open my eyes and sneak a peek at the thing he decalres to be beautiful.

                “The key is to not look straight downwards okay?" He suggested as he felt my head finally moving slowly away from his shoulder.

                "Just a little bit downwards and more of straight ahead.”

        As slow as you could possibly imagine, I did what he said. I moved my head towards the direction of what I think is gonna help me not look straight down, just a little bit. And then, with a few deep breaths and all the courage I could gather from the deepest pits of my weak heart, I opened my eyes.

       And there I was. Eyes glued to the beauty that's in front of me. Just like he said--- beautiful. Even so, majestic.

                “Isn't it just like us up there?" He then asked, sounding proud of himself. "Those city lights, they are the closest to thing to how we look like from down there. Its like putting the world upside down. They look just as amazing. Well, not that I’m saying that we are amazing but----“

                “You are... amazing.”

        I suddenly cut him off mid sentence while looking at him without being fully aware of myself. It was as if I spoke of my mind aloud without thinking.

                “Ahm... thank you.”

        After he relplied to my genius comment, it all finally dawned at me. The embarrassment and the foolishness of what I just did. My heart is now pounding more than it even did earlier. All I could do after was ask myself repeatedly in my head why did I have to say those words out loud? With my face, being just a few inches away from this gorgeous being. Why?

                “Why?” He suddenly asked. “Do you regret saying it?”

        Yes, yes, yes!!! I wanted to shout these words at him but ofcourse I didn't. But in the middle of all that in my head, a realization suddenly hit me ---- did he just read what's in my head or have I gone finally crazy?

                “You're not crazy." He said.

       O----kay. Now what's happening?

                "I'm sorry, where’s my manners, I didn't mean to read your thoughts without your permission but I was too curious as to what you were thinking, given that you suddenly was so quiet and you were staring at me in a very strange way. I’m sorry.”