Chapter 6

-casually walks around on all fours carrying a box of donuts on back-
Would you care for a nUt Of DoUgH?
I'm still writing this at 2 am guys cut me some slack 😂
—————
🇺🇸 America 🇺🇸
—————
We ended up getting burgers, fries, salads, and malts at a fast food restaurant and heading to the park to continue the study session after leaving the library. After Russia started talking to me in the library, he went back to drawing and didn't really say anything else to me for the next hour except basic things like "mhm", "da", "nyet" and so on.

(Sense it's America I'm not typing in russian because America doesn't know the russian alphabet mk)

I noticed how when we went to get food he didn't order anything, he just shook his head when I asked if he was hungry and continued drawing. I decided not to ask in case I made him angry.

Once we entered the park, we ended up splitting into friend groups and study groups of people with the same classes to talk and work while we ate. Some of us sat at the picnic benches and some of us sat on the grass. Russia sat under a tree in front of everyone else yet again, and I decided I would join him. He yet again gave me a strange look, but he didn't say anything, he just kept his mouth shut and continued drawing. I sat quietly and ate my fries while I watched him draw, since I knew now that he wasn't big on talking. A few minutes into that I noticed him stop drawing and I saw he was looking up and into the distance with his eyebrow raised.

"Belarus...?" He said quietly, watching something in the playground. I followed his eyes and I saw Aussie playing with someone, who I realized was Belarus. He kept looking at her for a minute before she suddenly looked back and noticed all of us sitting there, meaning every single group of us. She looked confused for a second before she saw Russia and her face grew into a big smile.

"Russia!!" She yelled in excitement and started running over, catching the attention of the other countries.

(Guys this is gon be cute are you ready?? Sniffles)

He closed the book and pulled his earbuds out as stepped out from under the tree into the open. He knelt down so he was her height and he opened his arms up. She practically pounced on him and he hugged her, picking her up and standing again, holding her like as if she was his daughter. She pressed her head into his cheek and wrapped her arms around his neck, and I noticed the warm smile he had on his face. He looked sincerely happy there.

His smile is really nice.

I noticed all the other countries staring at him in surprise and everyone had gone silent. He let her go and knelt back down to release her, talking to her in russian while grinning. She talked back to him in russian before waving and running back to Aussie. Aussie waved at me and I waved back. Russia watched her leave, still having that smile on his face. As he stood back up and turned around, seeing everyone staring, the smile immediately dropped from his face. His expression turned cold again.

(Aww cute Russia moment is over, sorry gang)

"Chego ty khochesh'?" He said with an annoyed tone. I didn't know what it meant but everyone turned away from him and started talking amongst themselves again, quieter.

(Чего ты хочешь means what do you want?)

He sat back down and picked up his notebook, flipping back to the page where he left off. He muttered something under his breath and pulled out a flask from his backpack, as well as a bag of sunflower seeds. I watched as he twisted the cap of with his thumb and flicked it back, starting to chug whatever it was inside the flask.

"Is that vodka?" I asked curiously.

He pulled the flask away from his mouth. "Da." And started drinking again.