V. Start of something what: good or bad?

Few days have passed since Ashley signed me up on the Annual Photo Contest and now I am here at the pizza house waiting for her. This was our plan but my mind is not obviously here for the past days. I couldn’t stop thinking about what the future will bring me. So far, nothing bad is happening. Somehow, it is normal; what not is this feeling. For each day that pass, I am getting more and more anxious that I could spend the whole night thinking about it. And actually, I am not getting enough sleep because of this.

Cutting from my thoughts, I saw Ash walking towards me with that big smile on her face. She is always happy. How could she do that?

     “Hi Ran! What’s up?”

     “Ugh? That is a Disney movie, right? Why’d you ask?” I answered innocently.

     “Seriously Ran, you’re being silly again,” giving off a laugh. “So, how are you? Sorry for keeping you wait. Lil Alfred’s been a pain. He doesn’t want me to go out. He wants me to play with him.”

     “It is okay. Me? I guess I am too. By the way, I already ordered awhile ago. Maybe it will arrive few minutes from now. Are you hungry?”

     “Quite, but I’m good. So, what’s your plan?”

     “What plan?”

     “For the contest? There will be a meeting on Monday, remember?”

     “Yeah, I know. But do I really need a plan?”

     “Well, maybe, or maybe not? What could I expect; I know you’ll win it no matter what.”

     “You really think that I’ll win this, huh?”

     “Of course, but seriously Ran, you need a plan. You can’t just walk in on Monday not ready for anything.”

     “You’re right. So, what am I going to do?”

     After that, silence took over us, lost in our own thoughts while eating the food that I ordered earlier. Honestly, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to plan. I think I am just not ready for this. Letting out a sigh, I heard Ashley say,

     “That’s it! I know what we’re going to do!”

     “What is that?”

     “You still take pictures from time to time, right?”

     “Yes why?”

     “Tell me if I am wrong but as I observed, after taking a shot you don’t look at it. Why is that?”

     “Oh, you’re right. I don’t look at it because I, I just don’t feel like looking at it.”