I. Camera Hands

Another normal day for me; and when I say normal, what I mean is nothing unusual had happened.

     Same routine-I woke up, ate breakfast alone, went to school and of course, took pictures as I walked my way home which is one thing I would never get tired of.

     And now I am here in my room looking at the pictures I took awhile ago. I do not know if my parents and my siblings are home by this time-well, I do not care anyway; as if they care about me as well. They are so busy almost always that I got used to it.

     I found my day even better if they are not here since all they do is scold me for not taking the ride home, and mostly for doing unimportant stuff like photography. Unfortunately, yes, that’s what they called it, unimportant. It does hurt me but what could I do? I am different from them. They are all business-minded people; I am not and that among us, I am an outcast.

     I am Ranneth Angela Nelton. My parents are David and Kristen Nelton. Both of them are always busy with their business errands and stuff that I, myself could not remember how many happy times I had with them. Because ever since I opened my eyes, only mama Elsa took care of me. If ever there will be a time that I will see them, the reason for that is either I made a mistake or I made a mistake.

     I have an older brother named Rafael John Nelton. Well, I have never been close to him because he is not always at home. He is like mom and dad; he is always on business trips. It is quite sad that I do not know him that much because of that.

     Then I have an older sister. She is Rammia Isabel Nelton. I go to school with her. She is now a graduating student taking up Business Administration and Accountancy. Yes, same degree as I am. I could really see that she enjoys what she is doing. Actually, she has a boutique somewhere in the plaza. She asked our parents to provide her enough capital for it and she told them that it will be the top fashion shop in our place. Of course, she did it with her knowledge in business and talents in fashion designing. Because of that my parents are very proud of her.

     I wish I could do the same but I just can’t. I tried what my sister did. I tried to put up a shop for me to make use of my skills but I just failed. I tried it many times until my parents could not trust me anymore.

     Because of that, I grew apart from them. Sometimes, I feel alone. However, as contradicting as it may sound, I am happy. Beyond my lenses, there is life that accepts me with open arms. Maybe people are having a hard time to accept me but I know someday, they will.