Truth or Dare

As I walked out of my apartment onto the street with my friend Lil Skies I couldn't help but wonder where we were going. Once we were outside I grew quite nervous wondering if I made a mistake by texting him last night but my thoughts were quickly interrupted. "Um Shay I'm gonna need to try to disguise you real quick"he said in an unsure tone. My confusion must have shown all over my face because he said "You know just in case you end up on social media. I rather you be anonymous because the media will make up shit and people will definitely have something to say about it."

I gave him a quick nod to show him I understood why my appearance needed to be altered. He then quickly handed me a cap and his old hoodie to put on. Of course I accepted it and did as I was told but the whole time I was thinking about how fucked up my hair looked at this particular moment. When I was done putting on the hoodie and the cap he gave me two simple instructions. " Shay, imma need you to stay close behind me and keep your head low. Also try to match my pace." I chuckled as he said the last part because he had a cute smirk on his face.

We quickly made our way across the street to his car and honestly I struggled the entire time to keep up with him. But needless to say I managed to somewhat match his pace. When we arrived at his bright red Mazda, he politely opened the door for me. I smiled and thanked him before I sat down in the passenger seat. After I was situated Kimetrius joined me in the car. He then started the engine and began to drive us to his crib. For whatever reason I was extremely nervous and didn't know what to say to Kim. But thankfully he didn't notice and started a conversation.

Kim: So has it been going Shay?

Me: Oh its been aight I guess. Nothing exciting or different. *shoulder shrug*

Kim: Maybe I can change that .......

Me *laughs nervously*

Me: What do you mean Kim???

Kim: Maybe I can give you a day to remember. You know like recreate old memories and shit.

Me: Oh okay....

Kim: What did you think I met Shay? * chuckles softly*

Me : Nothing I said while shying away from my bestie.

Kim: Don't lie to me Shay. I know you were thinking something else.

I decided to remain silent because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Skies. He unfortunately didn't take my silence for an answer and continued to question me about it. He eventually resulted to begging me to tell him what I had thought about when he said "maybe I can change that" but I held my ground. Then Skies did something I never thought he would do he placed one hand on my thigh.

"Ummm, what are you doing," I asked Skies. "Oh nothing just trying to make you uncomfortable so you'll answer my question..."he replied. Little did he know his hand on my thigh was making me uncomfortable but not in the way he intended. I didn't know how much longer I could go on pretending that his touch didn't affect me.

Skies waited patiently because he knew that I was gonna crack under pressure. Unfortunately, he was right and I decided to swallow my pride and tell him what I had thought. "Fineeee, I will talk just please remove your hand," I told Skies reluctantly after about ten minutes passed. Skies just smirked and said "Okay I'm listening.." I took a deep breath and just blurted it out. "Okay so I thought you were referring to breaking my back in okay." After I made my embarrassing confession, I put my head in my hands not knowing how Skies would react.

For the rest of the car ride Kim remained silent which only made me feel worse. After what felt like a century we arrived at Kim's crib.He parked his car beside his brand new Bentley. When the engine died neither one of us moved. I guess we were both unsure about what to do next so the awkward silence continued.