Chapter Six - I'm sorry / A friend from the past.

HERE YOU GO!

- A Few Days Later - 

Cai's P.O.V

Walking into my mama's house the smell of baked cookies instanly ran through my nose, she would always bake when she's feeling good. I walked into the kitchen to where her and Chas were, both dipping their fingers into the brownie mixture.

"Hey mama." I kissed her cheek.

Chas held out her hand for me to hold her. "Hey cutie." I kissed her cheek. "Where CJ at?"

"Upstairs." She smiled.

He never sleeps this kind of time in the day. "Is he sick?"

"Nopeee." 

"Mama you okay?" 

She'd been acting real funny for the past few days. "Wassup with you, foreal." I walked over to her.

"It's nothing Cai." She began pouring the mixture into the brownie pan.

I continued holding Chas while taking one of the chocolate chip cookies they had already baked.

"Who made this?" I asked Chas. "You did this?" 

She shook her head no.

"Mama made it?" 

She shook her head again.

"Cali made those." She smiled. 

I watched as my mother dropped the pan of freshly baked cookies onto the floor. 

"Cali?" I asked my mama a bit confused. "Cali who?" 

She remained silent. "Cali who?" I repeated.

"Your sister Cai." She walked up to me. "Your father and I apologized to her and are now rebuilding our relationship, I think you should do the same baby." 

"Naww, I'm good." 

"Caiden she needs you, just like Chas will need CJ in the future."

"But mama--"

"No Cai, enough with the excuses. Cali was young and dumb five years ago, what she did wasn't her fault." 

"She was old enough to know that she wasn't suppose to be fucking a grown ass man." 

She gave me an evil look.

"Hand her here." I placed Chas in her arms. "Now shut all that shit up and go inside that living room, Imma go talk to Cali. 

Man this that shit I don't like.

Cali's P.O.V

"That's me?" CJ asked as I showed him pictures of us both in my family photo album, I had kept them since I left.

"Yeaah, you were a cute little thang." 

He giggled a little. "I'm not a baby anymore."

"You still are to me." I smile while kissing his cheeks. 

As we both continued looking through photos my mama had came into the room.

"Mama come look at me and Cali." CJ called her over. "Cali said I was cute." 

"You were, very cute." She smiled at us both. "CJ baby do mama a favor, go ahead in your play room, Chas is waiting on you." 

He hopped out of bed running into another room. 

As he left my mothers smile had turned into a frown.

"What's wrong mama?" I asked concerned. "Is daddy okay?" I sat up.