4

Xander parked his blue Maserati behind the club and climbed out. His day hadn't gone as planned. His temp named Lauren could not get a hold of Roxie Jones. She said she left messages and would try social media this weekend.

The last thing he wanted to do was to mingle with a bunch of women pretending he cared about anything they had to say. He wanted to be home with an excellent book, or on the phone with Anderson, his assistant checking up on his travels. He straightened his black polo, brushing any lint off his dark wash jeans. His plan for the night, sit at the bar, and chat with the women who came up to order drinks, nothing more. He walked in and heard Josie.

"Xander! You made it." She launched herself into his arms. His sister-in-law had ebony skin, shining hazel eyes, and black hair kept in dozens of small braids.

"Of course, Josie, I couldn't let my favorite sister-in-law down." He hugged her back, smiling.

"I'm your only sister-in-law." She swatted his arm, making him laugh.

"This place looks pretty full, you sure you still need me?" he asked, looking around the bouncing club. There were shifters and beautiful curvy women all over. Some were chatting at low tables surrounded by couches and others dancing out on the dance floor. The music boomed in his sensitive shifter ears, he had to fight hard not to wince when the speaker by his head changed to a pop song by Katy Perry.

"Of course, I do. I want you to find your mate. I think I met a young woman perfect for you. She is a tour guide at the art museum in Green Falls. Come, I'll introduce you." Josie took his hand and led him over to one of the low tables. Two women were talking to a few men. He sniffed; the men were wolf shifters. His eyes locked on one woman. She wore a blue-green dress that showed off her delectable bosom. He took her in, admiring her dark blond hair, that had been curled, braided away from her face, and let loose. He noticed the almost half sleeve floral tattoo on her shoulder and how she seemed uncomfortable with the man seated next to her.

When she looked up at Josie coming over, she smiled, and his heart stopped. She was beautiful and her deep blue, almost violet eyes held him captive. His dragon shook awake taking notice. She smelled amazing, her light floral perfume mixed with something entirely hers.

Mate!

Xander mentally slammed his dragon back before it could take over. Josie would never forgive him if a thirty-foot, fire-breathing, red dragon appeared at her event.

"Xander, this is Evelyn Tate and her friend. I'm sorry dear, I didn't catch your name." Josie motioned to the brunette sitting next to his mate, then looked at his mate asking her name. It hit him, Josie was introducing him to Evelyn, not his mate.

"I'm Roxie," The blond replied in a clear, warm tone. His dragon purred, and he couldn't stop staring.

"You wouldn't be Roxie Jones, would you?" he asked. Life couldn't be that funny. The one woman he wanted to get a hold of and she was at a club.

"Uh, um yes, do I know you?" She cocked her head to the side, looking him up and down.

"I'm Xander Austin, my assistant Lauren called you about sending in your portfolio. She showed me some of your earlier art and I wanted to see something more current." Xander walked over and gave the wolf shifter next to her a pointed look. He stood, giving Xander his seat.

"You own Dragon Lore Art Gallery?" she asked. He nodded and took one of her hands in his. His dragon rumbled with delight; he could tell she heard by her eyes opening wide.

Leave me your thoughts! I love hearing from my readers!!!!