The Beginning

Ken's POV:

Jay and I had finally decided to move to California. With taking care of Omari for three years as our own, we felt that we should take the next steps. With our families supporting us, what could possibly keep us from going anywhere we wanted to go?

" So, you serious about this marriage thing? " he asked me, one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand on my thigh.

" This something that you wanted. Not sayin' that I don't, but are you ready to take on this responsibility? "

" You know I is, babe! " he smiled goofily, causing me to chuckle.

I looked back at Omari to find him fast asleep. No wonder it was so quiet in the car. The story goes like this. Jay and I have been together since 8th grade year at Brentwood. We didn't have any problems then, but once we got to High School, Things went LEFT! Dudes tryna' get at me left and right, girls all on him. I didn't entertain the hype because I knew where my heart was, but Jay on the other hand gave all of his attention. At that time, I decided to play a little love game with him. I didn't answer his phone calls, didn't go on dates with him, just completely ignored him. Even when he wanted to argue, I sat there with this blunt look on my face.

Once he caught on to what I was doing, he gave me the attention I was seeking. Wanna' know who else did? The girls that bounced on his dick. They started leaving me messages in my locker, texting my phone when I was with Jay, and even tried to physically confront me. I'm not finna' put my hands on a female, that's just how I was raised. That's when I met Jaz, Kelly, and Bre. Those women there? They've been here ever since then, and they've never left.

Back to the subject of Omari, when Jay turned twenty, he felt like he needed more responsibility. He talked me into tryin' to adopt a baby, so we filed for the paperwork. They initially informed us that it would be an estimate of six months before they could get back with us. Jay's auntie, at the time, was pregnant with a baby boy. He figured that when the baby got here, he would help her out and that was the agreement. As she went into labor, the story began to take a unfortunate turn. After the baby was delivered, she just wouldn't stop bleeding! The doctors tried all that they could. The part that amazes me was that remained calm about it all.

She called for Jay to come into the room, and I decided to wait in the waiting room. I couldn't deal with the fact that this was happening! After sitting there biting my nails for what seemed like hours, he finally walked from the back. Something told me that I would be getting the news of my life when he sat down in that chair next to me?

" What happened? " I tried hiding my nervousness.

" She died." he held his head down.

" Hey, don't you give up on yourself. It's gonna' be alright. " I told him, kissing his cheek.

" There's another thing....."

" What is it? " I asked, confused.

" She want's us to take care of the baby." he smiled a little as the tears began to slowly fall down his face.

" Are we ready for this? "

" I think so? "

We took this baby home after two days of being in the hospital. We decided to name him Omari. His mother's name was Kamaria. I knew that would be the best thing to do.

Jay's POV:

Dre, also known as Ken, had no idea that we were going to the wedding planner. Even though we really didn't need one, I knew that I had to make this decision. If Dre would have done it, he would've been worried about tryin' to make sure that it pleased me, and forget the fact that it's his wedding too. That's why I loved him! The kind of person he was just drew everyone near him. Don't get it twisted, that nice attitude can go from 0 to 100 real quick.

" Jay, where the hell are we going anyway? " he sighed, looking out of the window.

" Don't worry about it, it's a surprise! " I replied, grabbing his hand and kissing it.

" I think you tryna' do that cause' we finna' be somewhere we ain't supposed to be. " he scolded me. I could do nothing but laugh.

We finally pulled up to the place after about ten minutes. I killed the engine, got out, and went to get Omari, who was still sleeping. I positioned him on my shoulder, grabbed Dre's hand, and we walked inside. As soon as we walked in, all I saw was colors of white and ivory on short and long wedding dresses. Something told me to look at Dre, but I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my face.

" Bring ya' ass. " I escorted him to the counter.

" Hello, my name is Kathy, what can I help you with today? " the woman behind the desk greeted us. She stood about 5'4, long brown hair, and a pretty shape.

" We're here for our appointment with the wedding planner. " I smiled

" Oh yeah, Kendrick and Jayson? Ya'll are just too cute.Right this way! " she led us down this luxurious hallway into this office.

" Hello, my name is Chelsea! " she said before we got the chance to sit down.

" I'm Kendrick and this is Jayson. " Dre was the first to shake her hand. To my suprise, he was actually pretty welcoming to the situation.

" Well, I talked with your spouse Mr. Kendrick, and he's told me a lot about you! I have to say, I'm very impressed with the type of mentality, let alone the kind of personality you have. Someone like you, you'll only find once in a lifetime. " she said, smiling.

" Thank you, ma'am! I just like to pay attention to everyone else around me, and maybe things will turn out better than they're meant to be." he smiled at me.

" Well, here's what I was thinking. I was thinking about a beach wedding? The colors would be a simple pearl and turquoise. Tulle, chandeliers, everything. Flowy, breezy, and just a beautiful grass reception." she said, being dramatic. She used her hand to " draw something " for just about every word that she had said. I was tryin' not to laugh, but I couldn't help it.

" That actually sounds very nice.This would be something that both of us are into." Dre nodded.

" Well then it's settled. Beach wedding it is! When will you guys be getting married? "

" In about a month or so." I said.

" Wonderful. If you don't mind, I would like to show you guys a few set ups that you may like? "

After walking around the showroom looking at silverware, napkins, anything that you could think of, we decided to go for lunch. By that time, Omari was awake and in full effect. We pulled up at Sonny's as Omari cooed, " Food? " We were seated, serviced, and happy.

" So what do you think? " I asked Dre, giving Omari a french fry.

" I really like her! I feel like the wedding will be a new beginning for us. " he replied, sipping his drink.

" I agree. All I wanna' do is be with my babies, ya'll mean so much to me. "

" Aww, Suga daddy? " Dre cooed. I kind of liked when he called me that.

" Stop playing. About this guest list, because that'll seem to be the most stressful thing. Whose doing the invitations anyway? "

" Mrs. Chelsea! If you we're paying attention, you might have heard her say that. Pictures and all! Once we get back with her with all finalized information, she'll take care of it."

" Well, we need to do that soon. " I cleaned my hands with napkin placed on the table.

" Fasho! "