Chapter 17

{Castiel's POV}

Driving back home from the pond in the passenger seat of Dean's Impala, while the man I was crazy in love with was finally sitting next to me again, made me realize how lucky I was.

Sure, life had its ups and downs. There were bumps and turns, and car crashes and comas, but there was always going to be a silver lining somewhere.

'How else would you know you've had happiness if you didn't get sad sometimes?'

My mother's words played in my head, reminding me that a life without a little adventure and heartbreak wasn't really much of a life at all.

I looked at Dean out of the corner of m eye. My eyes trailed up along his body. Over his jawline and up to his stunning green eyes outlined by his long, dark eyelashes. To the tip of his perfectly shaped nose, and down his scruffy, unshaven neck. They traveled down his chest and slid along his stomach, where they ended up at his hips. The black t-shirt that he was wearing had ridden up a little, exposing a small patch of skin above his belt.

I stared at that patch of skin in wonder, questioning how anyone could ever be so perfect.

And why, out of all the people in the world, did he pick me?

We finally pulled up to the curb in front of his house and he stopped the car, turning off the engine.

He moved to unbuckle and get out, but he must have felt my eyes because he stopped and turned to face me.

I watched as the corners of his mouth turned up in a small smirk.

"What?" he asked curiously, narrowing his eyes.

I leaned in and pressed a hand on the glass of the window behind him, inches from his face.

My other hand reached up and weaved its way behind his head, tangling itself in the hairs on the nape of his neck.

I closed the gap between our lips and kissed him. Hard.

He seemed surprised at first but quickly recovered and melted into it.

I felt his breath, hot and heavy, breathing in and out against my cold face, creating tingly goosebumps all over my arms and legs.

I pulled away and stared at his red swollen lips and wide green eyes as a smile broke out on his face.

"I'm just glad to have you back," I replied simply.

Then, I turned and opened door, unbuckling and stepping out into the morning air.

I walked up the front steps and opened the front door.

I was immediately ambushed by a small, dark haired boy.

"Cas!" He yelled.

"Hello, Sam," I laughed and gave him a hug.

"I missed you!" He smiled widely at me and said.

A moment later, Dean stepped in behind me and smiled down at his brother.

"Found him," he winked.

Sam smiled and walked away, going into the living room and sitting down on the couch.

I felt Dean's arms wrap around my waist from behind, and I laughed as his head came down to rest on my shoulder.

I turned around in his arms, facing him and pressing my lips to his gently.

"You're amazing," he whispered.

"You're perfect," I whispered back.

He laughed and closed his eyes, resting his forehead against mine.