Chapter 42

The whole team stood at the benches, looking at the open field. All encircled as Shindou exclaimed, "Are you all ready?"

"Yeah!" everyone exclaimed before they went to their positions.

"Raimon, huh?" someone from the opponent team named Touga said. "We'll crush them to the bone."

Mishuru watched silently, her eyes darted as Ichino was taking her place on the field. She watched as the match started, members of Kaiou rushing as fast as they could and jumped as high as Shinsuke could. Her eyes narrowed as she observed silently, her chin supported by her right hand as she analyzed and thought about ways to defeat them. 

The opponent member named Kaizu, passed it to Touga, who passed it to Nagisawa and passed it to Wanda. Wanda ran with the ball but Tsurugi and him started to have a push off, both trying to steal the ball from each other. Tsurugi then stole the ball but it was quickly stolen by an opponent member as he exclaimed, "Yoshimine!"

The boy who had dark turquoise hair, known to be Yoshimine, ran as streaks of water splashed from his behind to the side. He then jumped and did an air roll as the water rose up along with fish appearing before he kicked it as he exclaimed, "Flying Fish!" The blue ball, accompanied by water, shot towards the goal. Sangoku prepared his Burning Catch and tried to stop the ball but failed to do so as it rushed past him. All were shocked at the speed of how the first goal was made as no one was able to catch up with that speed.

"We will protect Fifth Sector's managed soccer!" Kaiou's Captain exclaimed. "We swear it in both name and pride as SEEDs."

"It's still one point! The match is just beginning!" Shindou said.

"They're no match for us to begin with..." someone from the opponent team said as he smirked.

"They are not. But that girl is." Kaiou's captain said as he gestured to Mishuru on the benches. "Endou Mishuru. The girl wanted by Fifth Sector.."

"When we win this, let's grab her and go," Yoshimine said as he smirked before the rest agreed.

The match then continued with Raimon's kick off between Shindou and Kurama.

"Tsurugi! Tenma! Bring up the passes!" Shindou exclaimed before passing the ball. Kurama received it and ran, only to pass it to Shindou after his way was blocked. Shindou then passed to Tsurugi, who passed it to Tenma who ran past those who blocked his teammates until Kaiou's captain dashed to block him. Tenma's quick eye noticed and passed the ball to Kurama. Kurama ran up towards the goal and raised his hand as he stopped running and pushed it down and behind him before he flipped back as he pushed the ball into the air. Kurama then jumped up and reached the ball before he kicked it. "Sidewinder!" Kurama exclaimed as he kicked it twice while the ball was surrounded by a bright green aura. The ball spun like a top, a snake accompanying it and opened it's fangs as it charged towards the goal.

"Hydro Anchor!" Kaiou's goalkeeper exclaimed as he raised his right fist and pushed it into the ground before pulling chains up as water rushed with it. The anchor rose and pushed Kurama's ball high into the air.

"What?!" Kurama exclaimed in disbelief.

"We're in a whole new class from you guys." the goalkeeper said. The game then continued with Raimon struggling as they did not manage to keep the ball for long due to Kaiou's speeds. Shindou stopped running and turned. "Tsurugi! Kurama! Tighten the defense!" and the two forwards rushed towards the defense line. Hamano then rushed out and blocked a member of the opponent team who smirked as he slipped past Hamano. Kirino and Kuramada rushed and kicked the ball, pushing it back from the opponent's kick before Shindou did a sliding and pushed the ball away. The defense continued with Amagi and Shinsuke blocking the members as well. Raimon continued to defend harshly, not letting the ball enter the goal. Mishuru then knew it was time and looked at her father who nodded in agreement, understanding what she was thinking.