Chapter 47

"Kageyama?!" Endou exclaimed as well.

"By Kageyama, you mean..." Kidou muttered.

"Are you really...?" Haruna said.

"The Kageyama that once.." Mishuru said as she was frozen in place.

"Yes," the boy, Hikaru said as he looked down, quite upset. "Kageyama Reiji is... my uncle." Mishuru fell back on her seat and looked like she just saw a ghost and so did the three adults in front, stabilizing themselves as they processed what was going on. Kidou then smiled as he said, "I see..." before Mishuru got up and looked around him before looking at her father as she nodded. 

"Who's this Kageyama Reiji guy anyway?" Hamano said.

"Never heard of him," Amagi said.

"But why did you try to hide that?" Haruna asked.

"Well... I was told that my uncle did a lot of terrible things to Raimon's soccer club in the past. So if I thought if I told you my full name, you wouldn't let me in the club," Hikaru said. "I guess I won't be able to join after all." before he turned around but Mishuru blocked his path.

"Where do you think you are going?" Mishuru said as she raised an eyebrow. "Turn around." Hikaru raised an eyebrow and turned to look at Endou, who made his way to Hikaru. "Kageyama Hikaru, do you like soccer?"

"Yes!" he exclaimed after doubting himself for a bit.

"Then there's nothing more to ask," Endou said.

"It is true that the things Kageyama Reiji did to Raimon's soccer club were unforgivable. But he truly loved soccer with all his heart," Kidou said. "Just as much as we do."

"It's nothing to be ashamed about," Mishuru said as she placed a hand on Hikaru shoulder as she gave him a small smile.

"You should go to the lengths he was unable to reach," Kidou said as he went towards Hikaru.

"Kageyama Hikaru, you're a member of Raimon's soccer club starting from today," Endou said before Hikaru widened his eyes in excitement as a huge grin came out onto his face. He then bowed and exclaimed, "Thank you so much!" before he turned to the others as Mishuru backed away. "I am Kageyama Hikaru! It's good to be on the team!" before he bowed.

"Bad things huh? What bad things?" Shindou asked Mishuru silently.

"Uh... I shall leave those details for a time which is right. Right now, I am not informing anyone," Mishuru said as she winked before she sat back down.

"So, how good are you at soccer?" Tsurugi suddenly asked.

"How good, um..." Hikaru said nervously, slightly jumpy. "It's only been two months since I started kicking ball so... I'm not sure where to put myself at."

"Only two months?!" Hayami exclaimed.

"Oh, so he's a beginner... Have fun teaching him, Mishuru," Kariya said and did a mischevious grin as Mishuru glared at him. "If I never taught you, you wouldn't be here in the first place, Kariya." Mishuru said before she smirked as Kariya blushed in embarrassment as he exclaimed, "NOT TRUE!"

"If you say so~," Mishuru said playfully before turning to Hikaru. "Don't worry, as Kariya said, I will teach you as much as I can." as she stood up and crossed her arms.

"Mishuru... Don't forget about-" Endou said but was cut off.

"Don't forget about my health after being missing for one week so I can only play for a short period of time. I get it. Stop repeating," Mishuru said in slight annoyance as she sighed.

On the field...

Mishuru watched silently as Hikaru had difficulties with dribbling before she sighed as Kariya got the ball that Hikaru accidentally kicked to the wrong direction. Kariya said something and Mishuru raised an eyebrow before Hikaru ran while looking at the ball until he slammed onto the post. Sangoku and Shindou, who were at the post, noticed and widened their eyes as they winced at Hikaru's mistake. Mishuru went over and balanced the boy who was pretty much-seeing stars.

"Kariya!" Mishuru exclaimed and Kariya quickly dashed off while laughing. She sighed and muttered, "That prankster..." before looking at Hikaru. "Ok, do dribbling. Look forward as you dribble. Or else, you might hit the pole like you just did, which is not fun."

"Alright, I'll try it again!" Hikaru exclaimed before he started again, dribbling in a good position and speed. Mishuru smiled and said, "He's a fast learner."

"Definitely is. I never seen a beginner move that quickly and confidently with the ball." Tsurugi said as he went over while bouncing the ball on his knee.

"Alright, come at me Kageyama!" Sangoku exclaimed, which caused Kageyama to be nervous. "Shoot one, shoot!" before he looked to see Kurama kick the ball. He then focused and did the same kick that Kurama did, pushing Sangoku back as he caught the ball. Mishuru smiled and nodded. "You sure, you're a beginner Kageyama? Cause you definitely don't act like one." as she went over to Sangoku and looked at the smoking gloves from the heat and energy. The ball was then passed to him but Kageyama missed it, causing some of them to sweatdrop. "But you still are," Mishuru said as she sighed. "At least I don't have to teach you how to dribble and shoot anymore." while Kariya laughed. Mishuru sighed as she looked at Kariya before smiling, noticing how the dull teal haired boy was starting to feel more comfortable around others. That boy definitely grew up a lot.

Mishuru watched as Kageyama continued, only to kick the ball a bit too much which caused it to fly towards a direction. Mishuru noticed that it was Hikari and her gang before she ran and quickly caught the ball in time before it hit the trio. The trio looked at her before Hikari smirked as she said, "Looks like an idiot saved us from a useless ball. Hanging out with boys every day, Mishuru? What a slut you are."

"At least I don't go sleep with every guy I meet like you Hikari," Mishuru said before she went back down. "You!" Hikari exclaimed as ran after Mishuru, ready to hurt her as Tenma exclaimed, "Looks out!" before Mishuru moved aside and the female rolled down into the field, uniform now covered in dirt. Hikari noticed and said, "Mishuru! How dare you ruin my new look! This look is worth more than your life!"

"My life is priceless. Is your plastic surgery priceless as well?" Mishuru asked causing the team to laugh at the female, who stomped away.