Part 1

It was the first summer vacation of your university life, the first MT trip, and the first time you went travelling with Taehyung. The two of you had only started dating since the start of the semester that just passed after getting to know each other through the painting club.

"Shall we go to the gardens nearby first? Then maybe we could head to the lake in the afternoon to catch the sunset?", you suggested.

The club members were split into small groups and each was tasked to come back with at least two paintings of places of interest near the little town. Your group of three people were none other than Taehyung, Jihyun and yourself. You were not entirely thrilled by this arrangement – Jihyun was Taehyung's best friend since high school and her constant presence has been encroaching upon the personal space you shared with Taehyung, but this was an MT and not a date or anything, so you couldn't really protest.

"I don't think we need the whole day to do this. There's this café nearby, let's go grab some food and chill. We can head to the garden and the lake both in the afternoon.", Jihyun was her usual vocal self.

"It's hard to get around this town, we have to cater for travelling time, let's just finish the paintings early and we can come back to chill if you want then?", you were never very confrontational but somehow you just didn't like Jihyun to have her way.

Jihyun sighs, "Y/N, why are you always so uptight? This is just an MT, it's not like it's even a graded course? Right, Tae?"

"I know it's not graded but since we are here why not make the best of it?", you rebutted.

"And in my view the 'making the best of it' is having some chill time first before going to the lake, anyway you wanted to catch the sunset there, what's with starting a little later?", Jihyun wasn't one to back down from what she wanted.

You looked towards Taehyung, hoping that he will lend some support. Jihyun does the same.

"I really don't mind it either way. You girls can decide, I'll just go with your decision", he smiles at the both of you.

For some reason, you felt like you lost.

Maybe you were just feeling upset that he didn't take your side. But somehow the lack of support from him made you feel like you already lost the fight and when Jihyun insisted again on going to the café first, you didn't have the strength to object again.

It was two weeks after the MT trip, school had resumed.

This time Jihyun and you were arguing over which movie to catch after club activities ended. You wanted to see the latest release while Jihyun insisted on seeing an indie movie that may stop showing soon.

"I am fine with both though, why not the two of you play scissors-paper-stone and we'll go with the winner's choice?", Taehyung broke the argument.

The air around Jihyun somehow exuded the vibe of victory, while you felt like you lost some ground.

"I don't get it, why can't we just watch the indie movie, the one Y/N wants to watch will still be showing for a while anyway..", Jihyun was as usual, stubborn.

"It's ok, let's just go with Jihyun's choice, we can watch the other movie next time", you conceded, you hated feeling like a petty girlfriend.

"Are you upset about something?", Taehyung asked you carefully on the way home.

"Not really...", you answered coldly.