Us and Forever Will Be

It's 12:00 and I finally made it to the kitchen to eat dinner. Mom and Dad are asleep and Logan is probably out with his friends talking about how great the party was. The party wasn't that bad. The music was muffled when I went to go have sex with Alex. God, I hate thinking about that creep. My phone dinged as I got a text message. I picked up my phone from the table and it turned out to Zoey who sent me a text.

"Come over right now." said the text. She wants me to come over. I walked to my room and slid my shoes on. I ran to the door and quickly opened it.

I walked the whole 2 blocks to her house. I knocked on the door and her mom greeted me in.

"Hey, Emma."

"Hi, Mrs. Mitchell. Zoey's expecting me." I said walking into the house. Her dad was sleeping on the couch while the television lights up in the darkness. I walked in the hallway and saw the light flashing from underneath her doorway. Instead of knocking, I slowly opened the door and found the her and the girls standing up side by side.

"Hey." said Zoey.

"Hi."

"Listen, we're sorry about what happened at school today. We shouldn't have told you who you can and can't go out with." said Kayla.

"I'm over it." I said.

"And we all agreed that we should all stay lesbians." Valentina laughed.

"Okay, I get it." I laughed along with her.

"So Single Ladies Club?" Zoey held out her arms as she waited for me to give her a hug. I walked to her and pressed my chest against hers and I wrapped my arms around her back. The rest of the girls held out their arms and did the same with us, forming a group hug. We broke apart from the hug.

"Riley?" She stood there, looking down as if she were ashamed of something.

"Guys, I think we should leave them alone for a minute," said Zoey. They walked out of the door and closed it behind them, leaving only me and Riley in the room. 2 best friends. I waited till she managed to speak up. She finally looked up at me.

"Listen, I am so sorry that I ran away after I told how I felt about you."

"Why couldn't you tell me earlier?" I asked.

"I was afraid that you might not feel the same way. I didn't want to ruin our friendship. It was my fault that Alex recorded you and him having sex." For once, I think about my friendship and someone brings up Alex.

"No Riley, what happened back there wasn't your fault." I walked up to her and put my hands on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"If I had told you earlier then you wouldn't have assume that it was Alex who sent you those letters."

"Riley, it's over now and I guess the video is taken down."

"It's not about the video anymore, it's about you and me."

"I would never reject you Riley. You are the most beautiful girl I know and there is no reason for me to say no to you." She finally smiled at me.

"Yeah, but your not a lesbian and I actually thought that if I told you that I was in love with you then—"

I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers before she could finish her sentence. They were perfect and soft. I could tell she felt the tenderness as she ran her fingers down my arms. I cupped her face with my hands while our lips formed a pattern. We broke the kiss together. I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I love you, Emma." The words that I never thought I would hear from her. Her voice was passionate. Her eyes were glowing blue. They were so beautiful. Her skin was so soft to the touch. Her lips were warm and moisturized.

"I love you too, Riley."