Chapter 19 Hakim Father

He rested by the seashore, the wind blowing his hair onto his pale face. Hakim sat on a black, wet rock. The waves hitting his feet lightly. This was the place he had the most vivid memory of his father. 

The broad man standing with his coal-black hair. The sunlight dropping onto his face, he looked so handsome. So beautiful. 

His father had him on his shoulders and began running into the sea, tackling the waves as the water almost drowned both of them.

His father walked with him talking about Hakim's mother's conditions. He explained, he told and he ordered Hakim.

His father coming here for the last time, tears falling from his eyes, Hakim was so confused his mother was in the hospital- his new baby sister was gonna be born? He remembered the whole conversation.

"You have to... be smart," his father said painfully between his sobs.

"What do you mean?"

"You have to take care of your sister when I'm gone."

"Gone? where are you gonna be gone?"

Hakim's father pointed to the sky, and painfully mouthed the word, "Allah." Hakim didn't understand couldn't understand, and wouldn't understand even after his father's suicide, but now he did. Understood all of it.