第二部分(六); Part two(six)

** Song will be used a few times in the next few chapters **

I immediately booked a flight for China, not even worrying that I had to leave without anything but money, the note, and my phone. I made it there on the same day, I dodged calls from my manager and company as I scoured the city looking for Lei. I found myself at the university, but instead, I only found the other F4 boys. I asked them where he had gone, they explained that he had gone to France. This crushed me, he went back?

I didn't even care anymore I had to see him. So I booked a flight to France for the next morning since it was extremely late. Then I left for France to find him.

I arrived in sunny weather, but it didn't last long. I had found the town he was in through some business connections, but other than that there was nothing left but to search the entire town. So I set out with the letter, my wallet, and the clothes I was wearing. I looked from the airport to the city limits, nothing. I could not find him anywhere. I didn't pack a lot of money, and most of it was Korean currency, so I was screwed until I could find a place to trade it in or an ATM that took my card. Platinum cards don't help these times, especially if the good ones are left at home.

The sunny weather dwindled and the skies got darker as the day dragged on, slowly I felt myself losing energy. There was nothing I could do to energize myself from the exhaustion but think of Lei and trudge on looking and looking to no avail.

Then it came, the rain started. It started, a small drizzle, slowly increasing to pelting harsh rain with winds blowing against me. People looked at me sideways as the streets grew dark and I walked slowly like a lost puppy drenched in rainwater and tears. The rain is comforting, knowing that your tears will be hidden by the rain falling on your face. The rain has a calming and soothing effect, as some would call me I am a 'pluviophile', a noun, someone who finds peace of mind and joy on rainy days, is at a state of calm. It can be simplified down to a lover of rain.

But the rain wasn't like normal today, the water was cold and the wind made the droplets feel like fire against my skin. I knew at this rate I would collapse or even possibly die of hypothermia. I continued on, ignoring the pain in my heart and on my skin. I guess you can say I was numb, both physically and mentally.

But then through the darkness came a light, figuratively, and my whole world became clear. From the rain and darkness, I saw Lei. Under the umbrella, a dark and blue top that led down a silver pole to a gold embellished handle, stood Lei with his hair a mess and a light grey suit on. In his other hand was a violin case, he must have been returning from a show. The thoughts all left my head as I stumbled towards him, tears streaming down my cheeks and the letter tight in my hands but still protected from the rain.

100 feet. I got within 100 feet of him before my world went black, I was just close enough that we made eye contact. I could just barely see the recognition and sparkle in his eye before I fell, down to the icy cold pavement. To the world of black, to a lonely place.