Chapter 4

The next day I started school with Science class with Ev.  I told her what happened after dinner with Dyl.

"I think he's the one who left the notes!"  She exclaims.

"I don't know, I was going to try to get more out of him and ask who he thought was asking me, but he suddenly said he had to go." 

"Hmm weird. Have you gotten any more notes?" 

"Nope, not yet. Do you you really think it was him?  I didn't realize he liked me like that." 

"I don't know, I would wait it out, just act natual around him and we'll see what happens. Let me know when you get more notes, ok?"

"Yes! You'll be the first to know, I'll need your help if it was Dyl." 

"So you have Seminary with him next right?" 

"Yeah, hopefully we don't have a lesson on dating or something like that, I just need to clear my mind!"

"Yes you do.  I gotta get to math, good luck!" Ev said happily before walking in the other direction.

I internally groaned, I was so confused! How was I suppose to act now, what was I suppose to say?  Why did things have to get so complicated!  I considered going home sick, but knew it was wrong and loved Seminary too much to miss. 

"Hey."  Dylan greets me as I walk into class.  "How are you today?"

"Pretty good, what about you?"

"I'm doing alright."  He says, but he doesn't seem 'alright' he seems off, weird, different.  I decide to let it go.

"How was whatever you had to do last night?" I pry.

He pauses unnaturally before answering as if planning out every word with great consideration. "It went fine."

"What was it you said you had to do again?" I ask innocently.

"Okay, so today for the devotional...." Our class presidents began.

Dang it, he got away this time. This time.

The day went by slowly and I still didn't get anymore notes. Even math class with Ryan didn't cheer me up, we didn't get a chance to talk and I didn't understand the homework and I don't think Ev did either.

I dragged my feet down the hall to my locker and opened it with great care. I didn't realize I closed my eyes before the door was fully open, until Ev spoke. I looked down to see her on the floor picking up notes.

I slowly bent down to help and by the time I was there she had already found the letter. "Marce?"  She asked.

"Yes?" I asked internally bracing myself for inpact.

"It's an 'R.'" She said with a smile growing on her face.

"So it was Ryan!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah!" She agreed.

We had a mini party in the hall and threw all the notes in the air and showered in them while we were dancing. While we were doing so, Ryan walked by and stopped to talk to us.

"So, I'll take that as a 'yes?'" He said while laughing.

"Definitely!" I exclaimed.

He smiled. "Great! I've got to go, but lets work all the details this weeked ok?"

"Ok, sounds good to me."

"Here let me get your number." He says. We quickly exchange numbers before he had to go.