Chapter 6 (unedited)

This will probably be a shorter chapter, Sorry, I'm really tired.

I couldn't believe it. I was married, to a man I barely knew. I was happy that Harry had nothing to do with the situation. That I had someone to go through it with.

We were sitting in on of the many parlors  while everyone else was in the ballroom enjoying the reception. I wasn't sure what to say, I mean we were married. But what do we do now? Where do we go from here? I look up at Harry to see him watching me with a sad expression. I smile back kindly but I didn't know what to say. But luckily we were saved by a few people coming in. I look to see Gemma and the boys I made breakfast for.

"I can't believe he did this!!" Gemma exclaims and sits at the table with us. "You haven't even had a chance to really get to know each other yet." I nod agreeing with her. "I'm just confused on why this happened, why did your father want us to marry so soon? I thought I would have time. Time to adjust,  time to think of this place as home. Time to maybe fall in love. "I wish I could give you a proper wedding, we may not love each other and even if we had waited and still didn't love each oyher you would still deserve better." Harry says. That warms my heart, I like that he wants to treat me right. At least I was forced to marry a nice guy.

The four boys then decide to introduce themselves. There was Liam who will be the vice president when Harry takes over his fathers business. Louis who is Liam's personal assistant and friend. Niall who is a doctor. And Zayn who will become head of the security detail when Harry takes over.

They seem really nice and close, like they've known each other from the womb. I wish I had bosom buddies. But my family kept to themselves, only got as close to the other families as they needed, I never knew why

"Harry, Maria." I look back up towards the door, making me forget what I was thinking about as I see Anne.
The others excuse themselves reluctantly. They looked like they had been scolded. I focused on Anne as she walked in and sat.

"Look, I know that you both are angry with how thus happened. In fact so am I. I don't know why Desmond would do this." She says. "But I do ask that you join us in the ballroom. Family is here and they want to celebrate. Even if it the wedding was bad, marriage is something to celebrate." She says.

I sigh and look at Harry. He seems hesitant as well. But my parents are out there. And I want to see them, this may be the last time I see them for a while. So I stand. "Okay, but only for an hour."

"Agreed. I don't want to stay longer then that." Harry says. Anne smiles and stands with me. "Good, I'll tell everyone that you're coming out." She says and leaves.

Harry stands and comes next to me. "Are you sure about going out there?" "Yeah, this might be the last time for a while that I will see my family. I shouldn't be selfish just because I'm unhappy." I tell him and he immediately smiles. "You're a good person Maria, I can only hope to come to love you." I blush brightly, then he sticks out his hand and I take it. We both take deep breaths before leaving the comfort of the parlor.