Chapter 4

This chapter is a shoutout to @AmyJ998 Thank you so much for reading and appreciating it :)

Stuck in a vehicle with William Darcy and Caroline Bingley from the past two hours, Lizzie had a sudden urge to ponder over her life decisions and if she had done anything which could lead her to such a situation.

Throughout the journey, Caroline Bingley went on about the intricacies of the social circle she belonged to or in laymen terms gossiped. Apparently, the daughter of a renowned lawyer had fled her wedding and as a way to save the reputation, had been replaced her with her younger sister at the alter, and the it was about all the brilliant places she had been to this summer, and the incompetency of the staff as she lounged by the pool, basking in the sun.

As Elizabeth listened to Caroline talk, she pondered over the difference between the two worlds they belonged to. It wasn't as if her family was any less financially sound than theirs, for she herself had enjoyed similar luxuries. However, it was the mere difference between their life routines that astonished her. Elizabeth always wanted to be independent and responsible, working for hours every day and night and had even forgot what even sunlight felt like. She was never one for the whole social scene but she did have some friends, mostly men and all with busy schedules thanks to their very demanding career choices.

However, coming back to the situation at hand, she would have had liked nothing else to jump out of the car, if it meant getting away from the two snobs she had been stuck with.

William on the other hand could be least concerned of what was going on around him. Still mesmerized by the events of the night at the party. The image of Elizabeth sprawled on his sheets kept repeating in his mind,

Looking up in the rear view mirror, he watched as the wild brunette, chewed on her bottom lip, lost in her thoughts. She was wearing spectacles today, and even though she looked like a minx in them, he hated the fact, that they covered her eyes, he had been so attracted to.

God! what would he give, just to have another taste of those lips of her and the feel of her lithe body in his arms.

Within another hour or so, the resort and Lizzie felt the air rushing back into her lungs. She could not be more happy to be out of that darned vehicle and alone in her room, where all she wanted to do was sung into the cozy sheets and get lost in one of her favorite novels.

However, fate did not seem to have had enough of her yet.

For she found herself by the pool, clad in a skimpy black bikini, lounging on one of the deck chairs and feeling completely out of element.

Her skin due to lack of sun was completely pale and quite complemented the dark garment, however she was nothing compared to the perfectly tanned women next to her, one of them being her own sister.

Elizabeth had always been envious of Jane when it came to the looks department. She loved herself and her body, after all she had worked hard on it throughout her high school days to get rid of the pre-pubescent fat, however every now and then she could not help but feel inferior to her elder sister who had been blessed with a model like figure since birth.

As she sipped on her fifth martini in a row, she finally felt relaxed as it hit her at the back of her head. Slightly tipsy, yet still completely aware of her surroundings, she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep.