*UPDATE AND Q&A*

Yeah, this isn't a new chapter, bleh.

But, I would like you nerds and noodles to know that I haven't given up on this story and I am still writing it (but you can't see obviously but I am writing it, trust me) haha.

I've been mentally conflicted with the ending and how I want everything to go down in the storyline. I feel like writing is just a big 5,000-piece puzzle where you overestimate yourself and then open the box and pour it out onto the table until you realize you are going to be there for the next 13 years.

Man, I wish that was an exaggeration.

...

Well, now that I have made my announcement, I have also been meaning to do a Q&A with you all! I am curious as to how I am doing as a writer and yes, I know this is a fan fiction, but I have some questions for some of you loyal readers out there that have been reading my story and really enjoying it.

1. First off, the easy question. Can you honestly say that you enjoyed this story or do you think I need to improve somewhat and there were some plot holes or just some times where reading was just not easy. Did this story work the way a story should?

2. Now, I know this story is agganizingly long and has a sequel book, (Ascension being the sequel to PL&DE), but is there any chapters that you feel were not good, needed to be eliminated completely, give more tension and drive to the ultimate plot or storyline, or some chapters that just didn't feel right overall? What was one chapter that seemed out of place or just not exciting to you?

For example, I feel like Welcome to Hell in PL&DE was a poor chapter that could've been written better. The storyline wasn't pushed that much further to me because I felt as if the characters were just sitting around waiting for something to happen. The chapter itself felt uneventful. I plan to reread it for the 73,910th time and rewrite it.

3. What chapter to you was the Best™? Which chapter was the easiest to read and really packed a punch or made a real turning point you believe in the entire saga of this fan fic?

Personally, I believe my favorite chapter has to be Noah in Ascension because Tom had really shown himself to be the true antagonist in all of it but also you saw why he had become the antagonist. This is one of the chapters I hesitated to write forward without my memos for how I want this chapter to go down and I'm glad I waited as long as I did to retrieve these notes from my old, broken phone to get to them or else I would've continued on and lost the whole storyline in my memos. This chapter was where I gained back my confidence to write this story again because I knew my original plan for the storyline. (bless!! 🙏).

4. What is your honest opinion on how I represented the characters? Are you aware of Marco's, Star's, and Tom's intensions and personal goals in this story?

5. How do you view the characters? Do you still love Tom, even though he is the villain? Do you view him as a real threat to Marco?

6. How would you describe my story in a nutshell?

I literally know everything about my fan fic. I want to take a step back and know what you think from a reader's perspective now.

7. Do you have any questions for me? What have you been wondering about a certain scene in this chapter or why that character did this?

Maybe I possibly need to fix something I had no idea needed fixing or that something seemed confusing. In that case, this is why I ask if there are any questions at all.

8. Did any events or behaviors of any of the characters seem ridiculous or laughable to you?

As a reader too, I read a lot of fan fics where stuff is just silly and laughable and sometimes even make me roll my eyes all the way back into my head because of how ridiculous it was of what a character did or what they said because no realistic, breathing person in real life would say that or word it the way they did. And no person would reasonably jump off the roof of a house to impress a girl and end up getting impaled by a stick that was inconveniently placed sticking out of the ground (not that I've read anything like that but y'know.)

9. Did any chapters feel slow? If so, what chapters? What chapter do you feel the story had actually begun? Or do you believe where I started the story was right where it needed to be told?

10. Which chapters seemed too fast paced, if any chapter? Or did my storytelling take an easy, steady pace for most of the story?

11. Which scene could you imagine and picture in your head the clearest by my storytelling? Which moment had stuck out to you the most, either by the way it was written or by the character's unexpected actions that made you sit on the edge of your seat?

12. Which character do you believe is a weak character? Which character do you believe is the strongest character in this story?

13. Based on your best estimated guess, what do you think the outcome of this story will be? What will everyone's fate be? Will there be a happy ending?

By your guesses, it tells me if my story is headed in the right direction and I am telling the story I want to tell.

...

Now, I don't expect you to answer all of these questions but if you can answer one above that is more than helpful to me! As a serious writer like me, I really want to know how I am doing as an actual writer.

Any and all feedback is helpful! Thanks, y'all and I promise I will have a new chapter soon!

-Liv