Rule #1

It barely even took all her 4 moving boxes. Two for all her clothes and shoes, one for household stuff and bathroom stuff, and a whole box to hold her dance team stuff. But that was it.

"Morning Parker." Emma walked into the kitchen half asleep in her robe.

"I've been up for awhile." It was true she'd felt too defeated to pack last night so she woke up early to do it. But she misjudged how long it would take cause she finished just shy of 11 o'clock. "That and it's 11:30." She took a sip of her black coffee. She was gonna miss Emma's coffee machine.

"Oh shit. It's already 11:30?" Emma stopped herself when she reached the counter and squinted at the microwave clock. "Oh my god I have to get ready Jakes gonna be here in 20 minutes." And like that she was already gone to her room. No doubt to make herself look way prettier than anyone should on moving day. Oh well. Parker shrugged and considered her attire.

She had no makeup on, and her frizzy brown hair was in a high ponytail. Not to mention her too short too tight jean shorts, which she realized they didn't make them any other way in Arizona, and one of her new dance team t-shirts that stopped an inch before her shorts started. Not a crop top per-say. Should she put a little more effort into meeting her new roommate. Maybe just a little makeup she thought, I'm gonna be living with this guy he's gonna see me looking much worse, no sense in getting his hopes up.

That was one thing that Parker had been pondering all morning. It's girl nature to see a guy and wondering if there could be anything between them. No matter the circumstances sadly. But Parker was determined to try her hardest to not look at her new roommate that way. She needed to look at him for who he was. A smart financial decision.

Just as her mind settled her phone and the doorbell rang simultaneously. She hurriedly sat her coffee down and picked up her phone on the way to the door. It was a unknown number. Which she declined. They were always telemarketers anyway.

The doorbell rang again right as she turned the handle. "Jake! Hey, come in." Parker was never a huge fan of Jake. He was of course the reason she was almost homeless. Kinda an exaggeration but still she had to move because of him. They walked silently back to the kitchen and stood there waiting for Emma. Awkwardly. Parker looked around trying to think of something to talk about other than his forcing her out of the only place she knew other than campus.

"Emma should be out soon she's still getting ready." She smiled. He just nodded back without looking. They sat for what felt for ages and finally he started to feel the awkward tension and asked,

"So Logan huh?" Parker couldn't believe he brought it up. She felt her cheeks heat angrily.

"Yup."

"Didn't know you guys knew each other?"

"We don't." She answered shortly. She could tell he was confused. "I'm from Nebraska I don't know anyone else here." He just nodded his head missing the bitterness and sarcasm in her words. More awkward silence. "So where is he? I though he was coming to help you move in?"

"He needed to do some stuff at home first. I don't know, like cleaning and stuff?" Jake had that dumb jock voice that drove Parker crazy. Every word out of his mouth sounded dumber than the last. She hoped Logan didn't act or sound anything like Jake. But the fact he might be home cleaning made her hope otherwise. Or maybe he was just too lazy to come help his friend. It didn't really matter she just needed a place to sleep.