23.

⤚ Shadowed Men ⤙

Akiya

"THIS time Nightshade I'm driving you all the way back to your house, I'm not dropping you off for you to walk back." I warned Nightshade as we stepped out to my civic and she glanced at me. "Whatever, it'd be quicker if you just would drop me off." Nightshade mumbled.

"Safer if I drop you off directly at your house." I responded as we got into my car on that note. Nightshade buckled herself up and sighed as she glanced at Issei lurked in the window as he waved bye to her making a small smile appear on her face.

She was falling for that charm he worked well. I could already tell, Araya had a hard enough time resisting it when he wasn't even completely using it. But he always seemed to have it on. It was strange. Araya resisted it more because she was a kitsune.

And I think Daiki threatened Issei what would happen if he used it to the point she couldn't fight it since Araya was his girlfriend. But Nightshade on the other hand was human making her able to fall to it much more easier, but had more resistance than the average human.

Which we all pointed out to be her surviving and witnessing the wild hunt. I looked at Nightshade as we pulled out of the driveway. "So where do you live again?" I asked and she glanced up at me. "In the slums." Nightshade muttered. "Slums?" I asked a bit confused.

"Just drive to the school, take three rights, a left, and then another right before the left will pull up some apartments, it gets dark at night. But it's like the slums of Willows. As poor and slummy Willows can get at least." Nightshade muttered the last of it reminding me of the town.

It was a small close knit town, everyone knew everyone and Willows was known for it's suburbs and beautiful country side. But apartment slums? I knew there was an apartment complex somewhere in Willows, but I did not know it was like the slums. . . or Nightshade lived there.

"What's it called?" I asked. "Willow's Crown Complex." Nightshade said and I nodded as I followed her directions giving my car some more speed. "Have you always lived there?" I asked a bit interested. The house my mom, sister, and I lived in we had been in since we were born.

"Last three years, my mom lost her house in her divorce with her second husband." Nightshade said revealing quite the bit of her past. "Was he your dad?" I asked. "No, my dad was the first husband, he divorced her. She divorced the second one." Nightshade biting her lip.

"And she's most likely on the hunt for the third husband now that I'm back." Nightshade didn't sound too pleased about her mother's numerous husbands and divorces. But I wouldn't blame her, it was most likely a bit rough on her, I wouldn't be pleased with my mother if she did that.

She was already growing distant from us once the nogitsunes moved in, she brought in some man and she wouldn't like it. We were fine with the distance, I mean. . . I was use to it. Most parents didn't play favorites, but my mom did. She didn't think I noticed.

But Araya had been her favorite. The only time she even showed favoritism towards me was with the civic and that's only because Araya didn't have her license. . . nor her permit. She didn't want it, mostly because I had mine and we did everything together. Right down to driving.

She went places with me more than anything. I took a glance at Nightshade as I drove up to the school before I began following her directions as the clouds darkened, but we were foolish and ignored it, which would be quite the mistake on our part here soon.

"Hey so are you taking all of this well, I get learning that the supernatural exists, and having one hunting you and that gun can be a bit hard. Araya told me I should ask you." I spoke and Nightshade glanced at me. "Hard is an understatement." Nightshade responded.