A Brief Lesson: Immortality and Figments

A body must die. That is known throughout all species. So what, then, is immortality?

The answer is simple. Immortality is the act of a soul moving from its original body to a new one. But, do we really not die, or do we just move through different timelines and universes? And what happens to our Figments when we "die"? They possess our same traveling abilities, at least to an extent. In a way, they find us. Is there a better "pet"? They are safe, no matter what. Why? How do they find us?

When all things are created, they must have a soul. When Color and Time bred the Figments, they fragmented the souls of the Figment's to-be "owners". We also destroy a part of their original soul, replacing it so that we do not create more Skips.

There are many ways a Figment is created. Every one of you humans are assigned one. Color chooses your Figment based on your personality. Time chooses how much of a Skip's soul a Figment is given. A Figment is made from a piece of a human and Skip soul. The remaining of a human's soul is fed to already standing Figments, to keep them alive. So that is the difference between Skips and humans. Humans don't have a whole soul. Everything you do has been seen, decided, and foretold by us.

Figments are also created during the "rebirth" of Skips. Your tiny minds could not even begin to understand how this process works, so we'll keep it simple. First, we determine what body we want based on parents, social standing, and other major aspects of the to-be child's life. Next, we harmlessly remove its pesky soul and fill the now empty vessel. What happens to the baby's soul? We simply tear off a tiny chunk, which is then eaten by already formed figments. Then we tear off a tiny chunk of our soul and connect it to the rest of the baby's soul, forming a new Figment. Now, this creature somehow is still connected to what would have been its mother, so it will follow and protect her until the day she dies, along with her already assigned Figment, and then will follow the normal processes of a Figment.