Time's room

Time's room is right across from Color's. As you enter the door, which has a clock painted with the hands pointed to half past three, you enter a different world. The walls are black as ink, as are the blackout curtains. The bed frame is metal, fake silver glinting in the light as the black canopy it holds in place cascades over the sides. The bedspread is also black. The floor, as a change, are oaken hardwood planks with the occasional throw rug. The walls are lined with clocks, some ticking, but most still to reflect her disdain of humans. The room bends to her emotions, ticking faster, slower, or even completely stopping according to her thoughts and feelings. If a clock is bought, not made, she will never let  it tick. When she makes her own clocks, she imbues each cog, gear, and coil with a life. She lets these keep the soothing rhythm, easing her human body into a slumber she wishes she never needed. Sometimes, she'll invite somebody in, but only if she wants to personally murder them, or if it's Color. It is her haven, her only safety, her whole life. She doesn't let anyone else in, except for Color. Color is the only one that can be part of shared lives, even if she identifies more with Insanity.

There is a simple balance in the lives of the Skips. Color balances Time as Sound does with Insanity, Silence with Peace. If there is too much in common, the pairing does not remain stable for long, as it is overbalanced on some traits and underbalanced on others, but if there is too little in common, there is very little stability, being too balanced. Put simply, it is like the romantic relationship anomaly possessed by humans. They do not share false promises, or endearing words, but they have a connection that is nearly unbreakable nonetheless. They do not consider what they have as love, merely due to the fact that they don't believe that anomaly of an emotion is real; in fact Time only believes in lust, anger, contempt, and boredom. She isn't sure of Color's belief on what emotions exist and which are fictitious, but she doesn't want to see the Skip shake her head in contempt, since they both know full well that Time cannot understand emotion the way Color can with her pallette. 

The relationship between the other Skips, especially the ones from separate partnerships, is quite strange, but explaining that would take a chapter of its own, away from the clocks glinting in the dim light tonight.