Loner- Chapter 3

Three years later...

"Hurry up, Emery!" Susan yelled out of her rolled down window from the drivers seat of her Camaro.

I stuck my head out from my second story window, "I'm coming! Hold your horses!" I hollered back, and straightened up. I slipped my rubber bracelets on and my new black-frammed rectangular glasses on top my nose. I put my favorite blue and white striped jumper on and black jeans. I slipped my signature black Vans on along with my matching black beanie. Another honk sounded from outside and I rushed even more.

I grabbed my backpack from the floor and my phone from its charger, racing down the stairs and screaming a goodbye to Emily and Solice.

I yanked the front door open and closed it behind me, jogging to the parked car in my driveway. I threw open the door and slid in, tossing my backpack in the back seat.

"Hey Sue." I greeted.

"Hey sexy," She teased. I flipped her off and sighed, while leaning back and drowning out the high pitched voice Susan was using to imitate her math teacher.

I played with the black nail polish that was left on my nails from Halloween last month, since I had to take Emily trick-or-treating , I dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the West, while Emily was Dorothy.

"Oh! Did you hear about the new boy? He's an exchange student from Spain, he was kicked out of his old school and is a total badass. Gorge also!" She shrieked. I rolled my eyes at her fangirling.

Me and Susan are complete opposites but I love her, flaws and all.

"I'm sure." I sighed as we pulled up to the school. Susan got out first, making a lot more heads turn then I would've liked. Some lost interest in her and started to admire her car instead. I quickly got out and grabbed my backpack in the process.

Susan walked towards a guy that was leaning up against a tree with a guy standing next to him.

I raised my brows at her braveness. She has a lot of confidence that I envy sometimes.

As she approached the new guy him and his friends looked up, watching her walk towards them.

Most guys pay attention to Sue rather than her plain sidekick.

She's a red head, but with pure blue eyes, her figure is curvy and her skin is tan thanks to her Italian heritage. Today she wore light pink skinnies, white tank top, Brown belt, Brown ankle boots, and a pink wool coat. She curled her hair up into a ponytail and left her bangs pulled back in a couple of bobby pins.

As I trailed behind her, I had to keep pushing my glasses up, since it kept sliding down because of the crisp November air turning my nose numb.

"I'm Susan." She said, as she stood in front of the middle boy. As I approached I started to see them better. They all had black hair but they each had different eye colours.

The one on the left had blue eyes, the one in the middle had green eyes, but the one on the right had silver eyes mixed with honey brown specks. My own eyes widened at the colour and I realized I was oggling. I looked down and pushed my glasses up again.

"Tyler," Blue eyes greeted, his voice sounded like it just dropped.

"Mike," Green eyes stated, his sounded like he smoked l, but only occasionally.

"I'm Derek," Brown and silver eyes said, his voice sounded gruff, deep, and rugged.

"Hi, this is Emery," Susan looked back at me and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards them. I kept my gaze on the floor and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. I shifted uncomfortably under their gazes.

"I'm, uh, I'm, Emerson, but call me... Emery." I finally managed out. I've never really been a people person, so, basically I'm socially awkward.

"Hey babe," Mike winked and I stared at him blankly.

"Excuse Emery, she doesn't know what flirting is," Susan teased and Mike and Tyler laughed. I just looked at my hands, embarrassed about my lack of skills. I know Susan was only kidding, but it still hit home.

"I'm... I'm gonna go to my locker. I'll see you later Sue." I scurried off and speed walked inside the building, blending into the crowded halls.

I left behind two laughing boys, a regretful Susan, and a frowning hottie.

My life just got interesting...