Loner- Chapter 4

I'm still a little hurt at what Susan said, so I've been a little standoff-ish . She finally noticed this at lunch, while in the middle of telling a story.

"Nothing's wrong," I muttered, playing with the knock-off macaroni with my fork.

"I'm your best friend for three years, I know more about you than what meets the eyes. Somethings been wrong with you since you scurried off this morning," She persisted. As I was about to comment, three familiar guys dropped their trays on the table sitting across from us.

Susan ignored them and said, " Well? I'm waiting," She crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes and ran a hand through my hair.

"It doesn't matter Susaniana Haines. Drop. It." I growled out. I never get cross with Susan and she knows this. Her jaw dropped and I stood up, still ignoring the three guys.

"I'm going to the library, don't follow me." I scampered to the library and collapsed in a chair at the very back of the library.

I felt a presence next to me, but didn't look up," I thought in told you to leave me alone, Susan," I muttered. I looked up a saw Derek. My lips parted in surprise.

"Derek," I whispered, shocked.

"Can I sit?" He gestured towards the vacant seat across from me. I merely nodded.

"I'm sorry," He started. I frowned in confusion. Sorry for what? "That Susan hurt your feelings, even thought you act like it didn't." He apologized. I was shocked and a little embarrassed.

"Um... I'm fine, really. Thanks thought. That was sweet, and... Shocking." I breathed out. Suddenly, Derek's entire face hardened and he narrowed his eyes.

"Why is it shocking that I would apologize?" He growled.

"Because... You don't seem l-like the t-type to apologiz-z." I stuttered out. I was scared he might yell at me and scream.

His face softened a tiny bit, but hardened back, " Whatever," He muttered, standing up and strutting away, leaving my jaw aslack.

Bipolar piece of shit!