Loner- Chapter 2

Three months later...

"Bye, Em!" Emily squealed, running to me and wrapping her short arms around my legs. I bent down and hugged her back.

Today was the first day of school since I moved here three months ago during Summer vacation.

Me and Emily really bonded during Summer, and I've come to love the little blue eyed freak.

"Bye, Lily." I kissed her cheek and she released me, grinning widely.

"Love you!" She called after my departing figure.

"Love you too!" I chuckled at the face she made as, Solice the housekeeper cleaned off the syrup from this morning's pancakes Emily requested from her mouth.

"Bye Solice." I then, grabbed my jumper, skateboard, and backpack, leaving the too big house for school.

I rode my board to my new highschool and listened to My Chemical Romance Famous Last Words, slipping in a few tricks here and there.

By the time I got there everyone was bustling around, talking and laughing with old and new friends.

No one payed attention to the new girl with the goth like clothing and spiky rubber bracelets. All either too cool or too busy not caring.

I take the pearl white piece of paper from my backpack l, scanning over the numerals and words, searching for my first period teacher, subject, and room number.

Mrs. Luthy- Creative Writing Ap- # 235

I made my way to Creative Writing and was pushed numerous of times by students.

I reached the class before the late bell could ring.

When I took a good look at my teacher, a small smile appeared.

Mrs. Luthy had on a flouncy blue summer dress and brown cowboy boots with a brown vest, buttoned up to the top of her neck. She was a pudgy brunette, with thin lips, pert nose, warm brown eyes, and chubby cheeks.

Her classroom was decorated a southern type and cozy California.

I stood there clashing against the warm feeling, dressed in black jeans, Sleeping With Sirens band shirt, and black and white Vans. My hair is its regular unruly dark locks.

"Hi, Mrs. Luthy?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes, that's me." She walked closer towards me, and even though her breath smelled of dairy products, I could tell she was a sweet woman.

"I'm new, I'm a freshman. My name is Emerson, but please call me Emery." I smiled back, the smile I usually saved for Emily. My genuine smile that I rarely use.

"Well, hello Emery. Welcome, no one is quite here yet, so, take a seat anywhere at the back or front row, I'm gonna go make some copies of a booklet. Be right back." With that she scampered out, leaving me in an empty class, by myself.

I sat at the back row and twiddled my thumbs, until a perky red head popped in.

"Hi!" She was preppy and bubbly. "I'm Susan Haines, President of Student Council, I'm a freshman and I've always been in this district, you?" She sat next to me.

"I'm Emerson Carter , or Emery, President of Rock Council, I'm also a freshman and I moved here three months ago." I responded.

I think I've found my new best friend...