Prologue

I met him on a Tuesday. A mild Tuesday- not to hot not too cold. Just perfect. He was curled up under a swing; his ears flopped to one side. A dog- a cocker spaniel to be precise. He had brown fur, but as I reached out for him, he did the unthinkable.

He turned into a boy.

I sat and stared at him, as the wind slowly tugged at his curly locks. I reached out and played with his silky hair. It was softer than a cloud. I slowly let it run through my fingers as he started to stir. Quickly, I pulled my had away as I regained my posture. Inquisitively I looked at the boy as he regained conscience. He quickly sat up -banging his head on the swing in the process. Falling backwards- franticly rolling around on the floor, clutching his head. I ran to his side

"Are-are you ok." I stuttered shyly, as is at crosses legged, nest to the boy. He slowly looked up, shock and excitement twinkled in his eyes/ Suddenly he pounced on me. Knocking me to the ground.

"Ella!" He shouted as he buried his face in the crook of my neck, "I missed you!" I just sat there in shock. Who was this boy and how did he know my name? More importantly wasn't he a boy a few minuets ago?! These where all the questions running through my head as the small boy continued to embrace me tightly.

"Earth to Ella!" the boy said as he cupped my face. Suddenly, I was brought back from my thoughts.

"Who are you?" I said as I removed his hands from my face. He pouted.

"I'm Ben remember?" he said winningly as he gripped my hands," We were friends ages ago do you not remember me?" He questioned. Wait we were friends, but how do I not remember his. I shook my head.

"Ben." He repeated. I sighed

"I'm sorry... Ben, but I don't remember you." I said sorrowfully. Ben quickly pulled me into a hug. I could feel his small figure shake. Wait: was he crying? Suddenly he pulled away fresh tears rolling down his face.

"well were just goanna have to get your memories back aren't we!!" he smiled.

And that's how our glorious adventure started.