Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            "You’re hidden" I whisper out. It was not a question. "They are looking for you out there." I could see the anger, annoyance, and relief on his face, but only one of those emotions is pointed towards me. Annoyance.

            "I'm not the only one hiding things," he spits out, but at the same time he's not denying my sentence. "Mind telling me what’s going on here? Why are we in a royal chamber?"

            I stiffen. I have no reason to trust a black haired, blue eyed boy. I could not trust him. My mind is like a labyrinth. I get lost in thoughts. Trust or not to trust? I have to choose. Get your head together. You’re going to be queen in two years.

            Not to trust.

            "I'm Amila Couth. The queen cares for me." I say the lie with distaste. I'm amazing at lying. It comes natural, well as natural as it is taking a class to help master it starting at the age of six.

            When I first started to master the art of lying, it sounded like a river flowing from my mouth, just containing words not water. Lies. I hate lying and when I do, no one knows because it sounds like the truth. Some say that there’s a small line between love and hate, but I say there is a small line between truth and lie.

            When the silence between us turns awkward, I look up and meet his ocean eyes piercing mine. "I don't know why you just lied to me, but later on when we meet again, which we will, I hope you can tell me." he moves farther into the chamber, looking at the closed and locked window.

            I look at him, baffled. How? He knew I was lying. He didn't even doubt himself. Over-confident man. I hear a loud boom outside my door, followed by another one. My eyes snap to mystery boy.

            "You have to go. There are vines growing on the wall. Go, their coming." I jog to him and start to push him out.

            "Wait," he says and turns to me. He puts his big hands on my shoulders. "I’m going to trust you with something. Okay? Even though you don’t trust me. You might be loyal to the queen, but she’s nasty to the Hidden children. She hates us and we are trying to take her down. The Dark kingdom is bad but not as bad as her. Your queen is hiding something. We were trying to get to it tonight. We think it's located in her library. In her desk, but tonight, it was locked. We need what’s in there to take her down." he flinches with the next boom. “I hardly know you, but I can see it in your eyes that you tired of being here. You just have to get to the outside boarders and you will find us. The Hidden. We’re not bad, just misplaced.”

            "Umm-I-I will see if I can help you. Okay? But you need to leave of you will never know what is she’s hiding. Now go. What's your name?" I say all of it carefully. One wrong step and I don't have his trust.

            He eyes me, carefully like I did with my words. "Seth. Just stay alert near her. Until next time." he slaps me on the shoulder and starts down the vines.

            Two things are running through my labyrinth mind. One: how I’m going to get the key. Two: What did I just get myself into?

*****

            Later that night, when the party was dismissed – my mother swiftly entered the room. In all of her glory. The queen. When my eyes land on her I think back to Seth. He did give me a last name to properly call him by, but this is good enough I guess.