Chapter 4

Tessa's dress is off to the side!!! Enjoy! 

Chapter 4

The violins softly play as I enter the ball. A slowdance takes place in the center of the room. Swaying bodies move together in sync. It looks like a love song in harmony. The love of the person dancing with you, in step togther. The music took hold of our soul and said dance together. 

I do not take part in this dance, for love does not enchant me. I am not taken spellbound by it. It's like someone speaking a different lauguage or being told to live in the sun when you have always been in the dark. Love is foreign to me. I am not swayed to participate in it, either. 

I stay in the shadows or I try. The queen is beckoning me over to her. She stands a little ways away from father. Always a gap between them. I make my way around colorful dresses that cost an arm and a leg I would imagine. 

"Yes, my queen?" I ask when I make it to her and bow my head in respect. Today I am not Tessa Caflin, but Amila Couth. From an underclass family that the queen has taken under her wing because they were struggling. Mother always gives me this story, so I know what my storyline is for Amila. 

Amila Couth is a real person. Well, was a real person. Two years ago when the most recent war took place, her dad was forced into fighting for the dark kingdom. If I can recall correctly, Amilas' father's name was David and her mother was Catherine. They had no other children, only Amila. Amila lost her dad four to five days after the war begun. Some later found out that Cathrine hung herself. She left a note. All that it said was 'I will be with David." in her perfect hand writing. 

Amila was my age. She was smart. She disappeared. Not many people knew the Couth family. They lived a very closed life. So, when my mother wanted me to attend gatherings, she said that she found Amila near our castle and she wanted to switch over to the Caflin kingdom. Hence why I have a sun and a moon on my wrist, almost covering eachother. 

"What were you thinking wearing that dress, girl?" she asks with a nice voice, but I can almost feel the anger rolling off her. "you pop out like a sore thumb." 

I look down at what i'm wearing. A black puffy dress. The top hugs me perfectly and has a v-neck. Right before the lining hits my waist, it flares out going to mid calf. I love the dress and that means a lot coming from me. 

I manage not to look at her like shes crazy in the brightest blue dress I have ever seen and it goes all the way to the ground. I bet the maids had to dress her right here so she can't walk anywhere. Some sight that would have been. 

I mumble,"I'm sorry. I wasen't thinking properly." I meet her stony eyes with the fire in mine.  I lie. I was thinking with a stright mind. I knew that this would anger her. I only have a few three day, but that number keeps changing. I want her to see that I can and will act out. When I do some thing that defys her, it unlatches something in me. A completness of the soul. A belonging. But each time I shove it away, like I do now. I lower my heated eyes. 

"You never think right. I don't know why I waste my time on you. You don't fight well enough. You don't think well enough. You are not good enough to be queen in two years." I step back as if her words pushed me back that step. I was not expecting a lecture on how i'm not good enough. I watch from under my eyelashes as she rubs her temples. "Get out of my sight and dance. You have been here long enough to have a least have a dance with some one. Go." 

I turn to the dance floor and listen to what song is playing. The notes fly from the violins. Ah, I know this tune. It starts of really dark and that is when the women dance by themselves as the men stand off to the side. Near the end, a man comes and dances with you. I enter the crowd and start the dance with other women. Some dance the right dance and some add their own twist, like me. 

You might not have guesses, but music and dancing are a passion of mine. To get lost, to not be you is the best. When I dance or listen to the violin, I don't have to be queen in two years. I don't have to fight like i'm going into war. I don't have to be Tessa Caflin. Which in my mind is a dance of it's own. 

I'm soon deep in the middle, twirling and doing steps that I have only rehersed in my chambers. I imagine I stand out more than anything right in this moment. Doing the wrong steps and in a dress that no one else is wearing. I could only imagine my mothers face, watching me dance like this. That thing unlaches so I push away my mothers face from my thoughts. 

The song is coming to an end, so the men step in and take their ladys hand. This is where if don't have a partner, you leave the floor. I start to make my way off to the side lines to watch the rest, but i'm stopped when someone grabs my hand. I turn back around and see a boy. My hand is on fire and a blush creeps up my neck. 

"Would you like to dance with me, darling?" by now, the other pairs have started the respected dance, still with some twists.  

I nod my head at the boy, his age looks farly close to mine. Sixteen is young, but not that young. 

We start to dance together, but not the dance were supossed to do. No, he takes the lead and we slow dance. Right there, in the middle of a fast paced some. I know that I have barely any contact with someone so close to my age, but I would consitder this romantic. 

I look into his dull blue eyes and ask "What is your name?" 

Right as I ask, the perfect bubble around us is broke when the ballroom doors burst open and royal guards storm in. "There is a Hidden child amoung all of you." one of the guards yells out and people start to panic. People pushing other people, yelling. I start to panic too. I start to the hidden door that lead right to my bedroom. It's for times like these that we have it. 

When I start to go to the door, i'm yancked back. Oh, yeah. The mystery boy. 

"We need to get out of here. Do you know your way around?" he yells over the noise. I see the real panic in his face.  I almost snort at his question, but my eyes take liking to his black hair that fall sighly in his face. Get you self together. We need to get to the door. I yell back a yes and start pulling his though the people. Once we get to the west wall, I look around to see if anyone is watching. I catch my mothers eye. She nods at me. Telling me to use the passage. I guess she didn't she who's with me. 

The boy gives me a weird look. Look guy, I swear this wall will help us. I push the hidden lever and the wall parts just a little bit so we can slip through. 

"Okay, we have to push it back into place." and that is when I freeze. Right in my tracks. The boy rolls up his sleeves and I see no markings. No sun or moon. 

I was not the hidden child they were looking for. He was.  

_________

BAH BAM! 1368 words! LOve me! And it was a very fast update! A BIG THANKS GOES TO MACYBOO24 FOR MAKING OUR BEAUTIFUL COVER!!!

I loved this chapter! Ahh!  This chapter is not edited so stay with me. 

Okay, well this is where things start picking up. I would also like to say that this is also a romance story. And i think you can guess who is going to be taking part in this romance. ;) 

For this chapter, I listen to violins on pandora for hours and just writing. Ahh. Bliss. 

Check out who plays Tessa in this story...(: 

Okay , well off to bed. AND DONT FORGET!!!

VOTE. 

COMMENT.

SHARE. 

STAY AWESOME.

-Cynthia- :)