Chapter 3

Tessa is off to the side!!! Enjoy Me Story. :) 

Lunch was uneventful. I hardly talked to Mr. Gotly. My head was head was weighed down with questions. If he wanted me to talk, he didn't tell me. But the sly glances that were thrown my way were catched. This man has always been by me. Even if he didn't talk. Physically and emotionaly I guess. He was there for my rants, happiess, hate, and a lot of other things.

There was some gossip amoung my maids that clean my chanbers every other day. They were saying that Mr. Gotly only has ever talked to the king. Not that I would ever ask my father.

After I finnished my bread and soup, I walked the castle halls. My fathers words circuling in my head like hawks. Fine the other Hidden children? Outside of the castles protection? This is mad.

I will admit that our kingdoms are huge, holding loads of people each kingdom. But with more people comes more crimes that can be comited without being caught. Hidden children could be rageing outside our castle grounds. Would they even let me survive with them. If I would need help, that is. I'm trained for this. I can hunt, map, locate, and defend myself. I'm stronger than two Kingdoms breaking against eachother.

I find myself outside of my mothers personal libray. I have been in there once or twice but she never let me be in there for long. I'm going to be leaving soon, for who knows how long, I think snooping would be a bad word to use for the current sitation.

As I push open the doors, i'm gret with the smell of old books. If I had to pick a favorite smell, that would be it.

Inhaling deeply, I step farther into the room. The queen wouldn't come in here at a time like the one were in. She would be preping soliders all day and night. She teaches how to deflate fear and push bravery to the max. Some thing that I still need to get a better understanding for.

Looking around I see that if anyone enters, I would be found. This room has six walls, all have a bookcase against it. Stright forward from the door is her desk. The queen's desk. Where a royal lady sits.

I walk over to the overly sized desk and wooden chair that looks like it was made for a goddess. Maybe it was. I thought, bitterly to myself. I shuffle some of the paper that are neatly stacked.Not a paper is out of line. No clingly dusk sits...anywhere. hmm. Odd.

Sitting down in the goddess chair, I see that there are drawers in her desk. I start to open them, one by one I discover that there all empty. Strange. No quills or paper.

The last drawer is locked. A key hole in the bottom right hand corner is small. If I had not ran my hand over it, I would have never found it. I jiggle the knob. Some scrufflying on the inside. Hmm.

I shake it again, only a little a little harder. I hear something fall over on the inside. What would make that noise? Blades? No, it would have been louder. A collection of rocks? No, dirt woulden't get in here and the sound dosen't match. Paper? No, but some thing close. Letters. That's it. The mysterious sound was letters. But why would mother have them locked up? Her and father share a lot of things and it would be crazy if she hid things.