Two

I walked into the building greeting Rowan, head of security, who always catches me before heading home from the night shift to see his family before they start their day.

I try to come in an hour early, before Mr. Styles even arrives.

That way, I can get a head start on the work I still need to finish from the day before.

Knowing Mr. Styles, he'll just pile on even more work the moment he walks passed my desk.

"Have a good day Rowan"

"You too Ms. Summers"

"Now Rowan, what must I always tell you?"

"Ah yes, my apologies. Emerald"

I smiled at the older gentleman before heading to the elevator and punching in the floor I work on.

To my surprise, Mr. Styles was already in his office with little Serenity sleeping on the leather couch he had installed just for moments like this.

"Secretary! About time. Get me my latte"

"Yes sir"

I placed my belongings at my desk, only bringing what I needed, then headed right back down the elevator to go get his favorite coffee.

On my way back into the building, I saw Bradley sitting in the waiting area with his face in his hands.

Our usual security guard that I see during the day, named Noah, knew we had been a couple so he probably saw no problems at all with letting him in.

Only now it was.

"Noah?"

"Yes Emerald? Is there an issue?"

"As a matter of fact yes.. Bradley and I are no longer together. It's inappropriate for him to be here. Please, could you see to it that he leaves immediately and that he's no longer allowed here unless it's business purposes?"

"I had no idea! I'm so sorry. I will fix everything"

"Thank you sweetie"

Noah's smile could brighten up any room he walked into.

If only I hadn't seen him like an older brother then maybe I would consider going on a date with him

He was a very good looking young man and his actions prove he would make a perfect partner.

I gave Noah one last smile, quickly walking over to the elevators so that I could avoid an encounter with my ex.

How dare he show up like that after the shît he's pulled in just a span of 24 hours.

I let out an annoyed groan then fixed myself quickly before exiting the elevator to give Mr. Styles his latte in a timely manner.

"Thank you Ms. Summers"