Five

"Hello?"

"Hey Camila. It's Emerald"

"Ah yes! I've been waiting for your call dear. Now, please tell me why you're single now"

I explained in full detail about what had happened between Bradley and I and she was absolutely appalled by the time I reached the part where he physically abused me a few hours ago.

"How revolting. Well I will say this for my ex husband, he finally was able to be there at the right place at the right time"

I let out a small laugh and kept the fact that he's asked me to dinner to myself.

I honestly wouldn't know how she would react to me 'going out' with her ex husband.

Frankly, I didn't want to end up on her bad side.

"Has he asked you out yet?"

"I'm sorry.. what?"

"Please, you don't think I can see how he looks at you? Do you want him to ask you out? If anyone were to date my ex husband you would be the only exception. I really like you. So does Serenity, she can't shut up about you"

Well that took an interesting turn, it's like she could read my thoughts.

"I really appreciate that Camila. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he were to ask me out. But wouldn't it be wrong? He is my boss after all"

"Oh honey please, I say go for it. Move on from the piece of shît. I've moved on from Harry"

Oh yeah, I was going to ask about Mr. Mahone!

"It wouldn't happen to be that handsome Mr. Mahone would it?"

"Who told you? He was supposed to keep his mouth shut. Dammit, I can't trust any man I let into my life"

"No. It was Serenity. She told Harry and I"

The silence on the other end of the phone was deafening until she spoke up again.

"Oh shît. Harry knows?"

"Yes... is that a problem?"

"He wasn't supposed to find out that way.. I'm sorry Emerald, I have to go. Lovely talking to you as always. I'll call you soon for lunch"

She hung up before I could even get a word in.

I'd hate to be in her expensive red bottom shoes right now.

I placed my phone on my bed as I started undressing so I could take a shower.

Just as I was about to jump in and enjoy the heat, my phone rang again.

I groaned out in annoyance as I power walked over to the bed and looked to see who was interrupting my shower time.

It was Harry.

I raised an intrigued eyebrow and answered.

"If it isn't my boss. It's after hours you know"

"I just want to make sure that tomorrow's speech for my presentation is in order"

"I emailed it to you earlier this week. Did you not receive it?"

"I'll check again. I'll text you if there's anymore issues. Thank you Ms. Summers, have a pleasant rest of your evening. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Of course sir. Goodnight"

"Wait..."

"Yes Mr. Styles?"

"... what are you wearing?"

I held the laugh in my mouth as I tried to calm myself for the surprise of an answer I was about to give him.