Nine

My breathing became absolutely erratic, it was as if I was having trouble breathing.

This turtleneck I'm wearing isn't helping at all but I really didn't care right in this moment.

I can't believe how close I'm standing now to the man who gave me shît for two whole years.

His eyes started drawing me in, his man bun looking good enough to yank on but I behaved myself and just kept still.

My mind is completely frazzled with questions.

Was he treating me so horribly for as long as he was because he was afraid of actually liking me?

Was he just trying to push me further and further to prevent this from happening?

Was he scared to start feeling something for another woman after what happened between him and Camila?

Was he afraid of what Camila would do if she knew that he liked me?

If that was the main reason behind his behavior then I'm sorry to burst his bubble but she already knows and loves the idea of me taking care of him from now on.

I don't know if that's sweet or just plain weird.

Either way, she is getting mighty friendly with Mr. Mahone so I'm sure she's completely moved on from Harry by now.

The way Serenity revealed that she didn't like Mahone has me really worried though.

Although Camila and I met in a very awkward way through her and Harry's divorce, I feel like I need to protect her from that man.

He is definitely BAD news.

I was pulled back into the moment as Harry's eyes started glowing with lust as he switched his gaze between my eyes and lips.

What could have possibly gone through that head of his for the past two years?

Did he think that being mean would actually push me away?

If I'm being honest, all it did was draw me in closer to try and solve this complex enigma known as Harry Edward Styles.

I looked down at his lips and took my bottom lip in between my teeth.

His large ringed hand reached up to hold the side of my face and I widened my eyes looking up at him as he used his thumb to pull my lip free from my teeth.

"Doing that only makes it harder to control myself around you Angel Eyes... don't do that"

I gulped before I said my next surprising statement.

"W-What if I don't want you to control yourself around me anymore?"

With that he raised one of those bushy brows and let out a small chuckle.

"Then I'd say that's a very dangerous game you're trying to play"

"I'm a big girl. I can handle myself Mr. Styles"

He smiled lightly then we both started leaning in.

Just as our lips started to brush against one another, a phone rang throughout the sexually frustrating environment causing me to jump harshly.

"Bloody hell... I'm so sorry Emerald. This ringtone is for anything Serenity related, otherwise..."

His free hand dragged along my tingling side and I almost moaned.

"No please, go and answer it"

He smiled lightly and surprised me with the softest peck at the corner of my mouth.