SM

It's been a few months now that I have moved to Seoul and  I seem to be fitting in well. I get some stares, but I'm used to that, a bit like how I'm used to not seeing my dad often. It's always the same excuse - work.

I was currently walking down the street with some friends I had met at school, Ho-Sook, Hana, and Jun. I thanked the lady in a shop for my bubble tea before we continued to stroll down the street. It was busy around, especially because it was a hot weekend.

"It should be illegal to be this hot," Jun whined.

"Ah, this feels like nothing when you have to help your grandfather work in this heat. I used to do it most weekends, helping him sell veg at the market," I told them.

"Is he a fisherman?" Hana asked me, sipping her drink through the straw.

"No, "I replied. "Just a retired old man who liked to give to others who couldn't have."

Hana smiled at me, obviously touched by his sentiment, before we were suddenly disturbed by Ho-Sook's loud cry.

"Oh my god!" she cried, jumping uo and down and pointing towards a stage further ahead. Crowds of people were standing around along with a line of people beside the stage.

"What is it?" I asked, wanting to get a better look.

"It's some entertainment company. I saw them advertise it a while ago. I can't remember which one but some company had been planning to come to Seoul and test random people's performance skills and talent by making them sing, rap or dance in the middle of Seoul in front of strangers."

"Cool, right?" Ho-Sook grinned.

She then suddenly grabbed hold of my hand and ran over towards the commotion.

"Hey, guys," Jun suddenly mentioned. He had a look on his face which made me suspicious. "Let's say we make this fun."

"What are you up to now, Jun?" Hana quizzed, just as suspicious as I was.

Jjun then took the straws from our bubble teas and hid them behind his back.

"What are you-"

"Each of our straws are different, right?" he cut in. "Kat has yellow, Hana has blue, Ho-Sook has green and I have purple. Each of us have a turn to pick one straw. The last straw picked means that they have to perform up on the stage.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Oh come on, it'll be fun!" he grinned. "Hana, you first."

Hana glared at Jun who still kept his grin before reaching around his back and removing one straw from his hand.

Ho-Sook released a long sigh. "Green. Thank goodness! My turn!"

She then reached over and picked the blue making Hana released a satisfied sigh also.

"It's just down to me and you now, Kat," Jun said. It seemed like he was starting to get a little nervous too. "Take your pick. Remember, the remaining straw has to perform."

I let out a shaky breath before reaching my hand round and gripping hold of a straw, however, doubting my option, I changed and reached for the other straw instead. I slowly pulled it into view.

"No!"

"Yes!"

In my hand held Jun's purple straw.

"There we have it," Jun smirked, showing us my yellow straw. "Have fun performing."

I could only glare at him as Ho-Sook gave me a little shove towards the sign up stand.