Chapter 11.

I thank God for giving me another day to be alive. And also for all of the beauties reading this right now. much love.

(If you missed these chapters dont worry, im back and better than ever..)

please excuse any typos .

Issa Pov

I got on my tippy toes to reach on top of the fridge. I tried to be as swift as i can be to reach the blender. Once i grabbed it i set it on the counter, opened the freezer to grab the frozen mangoes and next into the fridge to grab the tequila.

I unlocked my phone and put my music on shuffle on the ROTD3 album. I have been listening to it non-stop ever since it's release. I blended the ingredients together and poured two glasses for me and hubby.

I grabbed the glasses and walked across the marble floors and past the living room with the beautiful sun shining on top of the blue water palm trees. The view in Bali, Indonesia is truly astonishing. I took a deep breath and took the time to send a quick prayer to the man upstairs. When you come from nothing, you have to thank god for times like this. 

Khalyn and I are officially on our honeymoon. Since getting married was such a last minute decision, we picked the destination out of hat and packed our bags for the next two weeks. After staring at the view for a few moments, I walked into our master bedroom to see what Khalyn was doing.

  After staring at the view for a few moments, I walked into our master bedroom to see what Khalyn was doing

"Khalyn?? Baby??" I looked in the room to see he wasn't there. I walked in to hear loud music coming from inside the bathroom. I opened the door.

Khalyn was sitting on the toilet rolling a blunt. "Hey mama." he poked his lips out signaling me to lean down and kiss him. Our lips locked.

"Hey baby.. lets go out to the water" I said handing him his drink. Swimming was my favorite thing to do as a kid, i loved it so much that my dad would sign me up for lessons every summer when i was growing up. He know i didn't need them but he though it gave me something to focus on besides being in his words, "a hot ass runnin' the streets"

"Of course babe whatever you want. Don't forget we got that marriage bullshit you signed us up for at 3, and dinner later tonight at 9." He said sealing his lips around his backwood.

"Excuse you muhfucka it is not bullshit.. It's a camp specifically for newlyweds, just to build a stronger connection for years to come.." I said taking a sip of my margarita. Bursts of laughter fill the room. I have him a look.

"Im sorry babe its just sounds tacky to me." He chuckled. "But for you, i'll do anything..." He said taking my hand in his. "Even if its a painful 4 hours" He smiled, sealing his words with a soft kiss on the top of my hand. I just couldn't help it, nerves shot through my entire body and my cheeks began to hurt from me smiling so hard. He still makes me feel as amazing as the day we first met. "There's that beautiful smile.." He winked. I laughed it off, sending my gaze in a different direction. Once i gained focus i began to notice a small plastic bag full of 4 white pills. I snatched it off of the counter and headed out of the room before he could stop me.

"Issa! Wait let me explain.."

I examined the bag lifting it up in the air. I saw that the pills had writing on the face of it. I turned and threw the bag at his face.

"Percs?" i said strongly. I began to feel my heart beating through my chest. I tried my best to keep all of actions calm knowing i didn't want to have an anxiety attack, again. These episodes in my life became so common i feel like i am going crazy sometimes. Khalyn inhaled deeply and closed his eyes.

"Look....I'm fine ok? I-"

"If you are fine then why are you taking that shit?!"

"We're on vacation! I don't take them all the time babe i just want-"

"Thats the SAME shit Shawn gave you in that warehouse IM NOT STUPID! " I shouted at him. Thoughts raced through my mind as i stared at the love of my life. A few days ago we spoke till death do us part and all of a sudden i feel I don't even know him. I know i sound crazy but knowing he is on more drugs than one, drugs that i am not comfortable with, drugs that have been through his system during the troubling times we spent in that warehouse.

All because of me.

"LOOK!" He That ain't got shit to do with this! Me and justus just be off-it sometimes. In the stu an shit.. That's all it is!!"

"You're lying.. your eyes have been bloodshot read since the NBA After Party you've been stuck on that shit!!"

"Look you ain't no better than me aiight?? You think i haven't noticed you drinking yourself away just to keep your nerves calm!! WE AREN"T THE SAME ANYMORE ISSA!" He shouted at me. His voice roared so deeply it sent a shock through my body. I have never heard him yell at me like this before. 

My breathing began to increase  a knot formed in my throat and my left leg began pouncing up and down. I hate when i get like this. I drop my head in defeat since keeping calm became nonexistent. Tears began flowing down my face as i think of what to do. I can't handle being in the same room as him right now. I try my hardest to avoid getting like this because i never know how to come back down. Which is honestly the scariest part. Before i took this conversation any further i walked out of the room into the walk in closet and shut the door. I switched into my bathing suit and my silk robe while taking deep and slow breaths to stop my crying. I needed to put my focus on something else. I grabbed my sunglasses to cover my face and headed for the pool. 

"Are you okayy??" Khalyn sang. It always had pissed me off when he would ask a question 'nine times out of ten' would already know the answer to.

Ignoring him, i walked out of the closet and grabbed my margarita before heading to the pool.

The cold water surrounded my body as i dived head first into the clear blue water. I began swimming in laps back and forth with different strokes. Clearing my mind of all negativity just for a few moments. Emotions are racing up and down my body. I felt as suddenly i was put at risk as serious as life and death. To live and prosper with happiness, love and peace of mind? Or to die with my demons defeating me? I was furious at Khalyn for not telling me the truth but then again none of this would've happened if it wasn't for Shawn.

If it wasn't for me.

I feel so fucking weak. Look at my life! A brand new husband, a successful career, I literally took a flight to Bali without hesitation. How at a time where my life should be at its peak i feel my self crumbling down to pieces one by one. My thoughts were interrupted by my husbands presence. He sat at the edge of the pool. With his legs hanging over and a towel around his neck. I swam over to him positioned myself next to him. With my back leaning against the edge of the pool as we looked at the beautiful view.

"Im sorry baby.." I spoke softly. "I should have understood before getting mad at you I just-" I paused as i began to tear up. I felt his strong arms around my shoulders as he lifted me out of the pool as if i was light as a feather. He put me in his lap and snuggled in my neck as a baby does a child. He kept quiet.

And there we sat. As time goes by staring at the sunset. Not speaking about any of the events that occurred moments before. I've realized we are two broken bodies who strive to do nothing but find the healing in each other. Which was why our love for each other is so strong. We found the good in the other that we couldn't find ourselves.

I didn't know what to do moving forward. I just know i couldn't give up on him.

"i make sacrifices... bloody sacrifices..."

~vote & comment for the next chapter💕~