| O6. THE SHORT STRAW

Episode Four — WILL THE WISE

"where's will?"

y/n and mike exchanged a worried look. "the field." he said, not even watching her nod her head. he grabbed her hand and they started running to the field, looking for will.

"will?"

he was standing there, right in the middle of the field. a terrified expression stained his pale face, and his breathing plodded.

"will!" mike yelled, his hand immediately going to his shoulder like on halloween night, but this time the trick didn't bring will back.

"will?" the terrified voice came to y/n's ears bitterly, and the girl recognised its owner as joyce byers.

"we just found him like this!" mike explained to the woman, who was now gripping tightly onto her son's shoulders. "i think he's having another episode!

"will! will! will! sweetie, wake up! it's mom! will!" joyce shouted and called for her son, her coice trembling, but nothing escaped will's throat; only a terrifying, choking sound.

shivers of fear ran down y/n's spine like electricity, tears pricking her e/c eyes. the fear stung, but she fought the tears. she didn't want to cry. she felt mike's hand brush against her own, his pinky linking with hers. he didn't grab her hand.

joyce kept calling will's name. max, dustin and lucas were in the background, exchanging worried glances - max's contained confusion, too - until will eventually snapped back to his world, his life in hawkins, to his mother's terrifyingly worried eyes.

"i'm taking you home." joyce said, her voice still trembling and her eyes watering with the same fear tears as y/n.

joyce grabbed will's hand, nodded to mike and y/n, and left.

"okay, that totally freaked me out." max spoke. "did that not freak you guys out?"

y/n nodded her head yes, too afraid her voice would shake as she opened her mouth to formulate a reply.

"two episodes in two days." lucas said gravely.

mike nodded. "it's getting worse."

"you think it's true sight?" dustin queried.

"what's true sight?" max asked.